Google Finance portfolio tracking

If you use windows 10 there are some trackers on the store.

How do you guys track crowd funding investments?

Is there an app that will allow me to manually add companies? Or is it just going to be spreadsheets?

Thanks

Spreadsheets but see also todayā€™s Capdesk email thread which you can track your crowdfunded investments in if (a) they all use Capdesk and (b) it actually lets you log in.

What other ways to you like to get your stock news? I used to use Google Finance, but after their most recent update. Iā€™m lost using itā€¦

Is that your website? You always seem to link to it

2 Likes

Google sheets fans who havenā€™t been able to automatically grab the prices of UK mutual funds in the last year will be pleased to know that @christopher came up with a solution.

1 Like

As much as Iā€™d like to claim credit, I nabbed the code from somewhere and altered it (Iā€™m better at research than programming!:).

2 Likes

Ok, so I get that this isnā€™t the purpose of this forum, but I canā€™t seem to get GoogleFinance working in Sheets at all.

Even typing in something basic like the following is returning a ā€œFormula Parse Errorā€

=GOOGLEFINANCE(AMZN, ā€priceā€)

I feel silly asking, but canā€™t figure out what Im doing wrong!

`

Try quotes around AMZN

2 Likes

You need to add quotation marks and the market, like so:

=GOOGLEFINANCE("NASDAQ:AMZN", "price")

Similarly, for other US stocks, like AT&T, youā€™d want:

=GOOGLEFINANCE("NYSE:T", "price")

For UK-listed securities in pounds, eg the hedged iShares MSCI developed world ETF:

=GOOGLEFINANCE("LON:IWDG", "price")/100

5 Likes

Thanks guys - thatā€™s sorted it

I use the Financial Times to update mutual funds. Example for Lifestrategy 80ā€¦

=index(importhtml(CONCATENATE(ā€œVanguard LifeStrategy 80% Equity Fund A Acc, GB00B4PQW151:GBP historical prices - FT.comā€), ā€œtableā€, 1),2,5)

Just switch out the ISIN for your fund and it should do the trick.

3 Likes

Google Sheetā€™s integration is great. Also, a bunch of analytics like this should be a feature in freetradeā€™s app. One platform.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to get data for how much dividends a stock will pay in google sheets? (UK Stock)

Hi, @finki is the man for this. Check out some of his posts, and the awesome services heā€™s set up.

2 Likes

Head over to Welcome to FinKi and copy paste some of the examples into google sheets.

Any issues just message me

Thanks for the shoutout @mikesmart

3 Likes

Motley Fool. Itā€™s not too bad. www.fool.com

Note you should be a paying customer (e.g. Stock Advisor) to get the most benefits.

Also, check out this young millionaireā€™s blog post about how he used MF:

Hereā€™s an example of a customisable ā€œScore Cardā€ that you can use to track your portfolio:

And a News tab covering your favourite stocks:

Iā€™ve been using this investment portfolio tracker. itā€™s the best Iā€™ve come across so far for my needs and itā€™s free.

It Take a bit of work converting the $ symbol to Ā£ but well worth it.

1 Like

Iā€™m bias but I reckon the finki API would work well for you too Welcome to FinKi

1 Like

is there a formula where if i type in the ticker symbol it returns the ISIN?