How many users now?

1m is just a vanity metric. Anything near that will be extremely impressive. Iā€™d be more concerned with Freetrade timing their CF round effectively around the EU launch.

7 Likes

Yes it is. But we are raising from the crowd. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Also investors surely care about active numbers and not just people who got a free share from an influencer or people who will jump after the meme phase ends. I think FT will do VERY well but I also think many brokers will have a dip when everything opens up totally and people want to spend their money on actually doing things. :+1:

Worrying about the user number is not really important compared to other KPIs.

2 Likes

Forget Europe for new customersā€¦ imminent expansion to Australia as well :clap::australia:

Absolutely ripe for disruption by FT. Many still paying AUD$10 (minimum) for trading through the biggest trading platform (CommSec). A few small local players signed up 100k+ members and Robinhood AWOL since 2015ā€¦

Bring it on!

Shout out to other Aussies in London :rofl:

19 Likes

As a fellow Australian, yes great opp in Aus however it requires full market penetration to really move the dial signups wise. Europe however has the potential to onboard huge numbers(10m+) and is not a one player wins market.

Why wouldnā€™t Aussies use Stake, given that itā€™s an Aussie company?

When did Freetrade say that they will crowdfund in September?

Last AMA

2 Likes

Check this out. They are going live in Canada as well!!!

21 Likes

I donā€™t think they are planning an office there

I listened to the earnings call for CMC Markets the other week and they are investing heavily into their stockbroking app in Aus. Seems like a market which is ripe for the picking

Just had someone sign up at: 777,4**

49 Likes

Steadily tracking at 1500 a day!

10 Likes

A friend is opening an account

26 Likes

@Raul excellent, hope you enjoy the free share if they opened via your referral

Processing top up for 15 minutes now. Any ideas?

Itā€™s an iPhone 7 plus

Edit: sorted

1 Like

#7782XX just signed

Itā€™s on the waiting list now
Waiting for next weekā€™s reveal :+1:

31 Likes

Why do people X anything other than the last numberā€¦? :thinking: Or at all?

2 Likes

Well for one, account numbers might not increase by 1 each time (although everyone is assuming they do). The last digit could easily be a check digit, in the same way that the last digit on a credit card number is. So, you need to obscure at least 2 digits to be sure of privacy.

As to why hide any digits at allā€¦ nobody knows what the account number can be used for. Itā€™s safer to keep it private if possible, rather than accidentally divulging something that might later turn out to be important, especially when coupled with other information like name.

1 Like

Privacy from who or what? People are talking about anonymous friends from anonymous usernames.

Yeh I guess itā€™s prudent to drop 1 number but it clearly is tied to number of users so itā€™s not a check.

1 Like