How many users now?

This is the reason: Differential privacy - Wikipedia

1 Like

Itā€™s not an account number. Itā€™s just a user number that goes from #1 to #768*** itā€™s completely useless info other than for knowing how many people have signed up

2 Likes

You sir are a first principles thinker :sunglasses: Start the business and we will invest.

There is absolutely no reason to cross out a user number on here, people just copy what everyone else does and the first person to do it confused a completely untraceable and unimportant number with hiding their bank details. (unless the freetrade staff search your user number on their systems then turn up at your address to stalk you). :scream:

5 Likes

In the context of sharing user numbers of newly created accounts.

Everyone has the right to decide if they want to share their personal data or not, to what extent, to whom, when, by which means, etc

People who share their user number do so either upon personal request or by voluntary disclosure. It is their prerogative to decide if they want to share the whole number or if they decide to truncate it. It is no one elseā€™s business. Everyone else ought to be grateful the information is shared rather than questioning the option or the exercise of the private right. Those who choose to partially share their user number have nothing to declare, yet accept to share the information for the benefit of others when they are by no means obliged to do so and while getting nothing in return.

We are getting something we are not entitled to for free. There is no need for a reason for them to exercise their right other than having the right to exercise it

11 Likes

My user number is xx :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Weā€™re very grateful to those who have shared their numbers. Itā€™s very helpful for everyone interested to understand Freetradeā€™s velocity of growth.

If people want to partially hide their user number then they are welcome to do that and it does not make any difference to anyone interested in Freetradeā€™s velocity of growth, we were just pointing out that it doesnā€™t make much sense to us and people are probably doing it because the person before did it rather than because they are choosing to protect their personal data.

I followed the Monzo growth thread for years and I donā€™t recall a single person putting Xā€™s in their friendā€™s user number. Probably because the person before them didnā€™t put an X in the number.

Anyway, not here to be pedantic, here for the sweet data. Iā€™ll get my coat and push this back on topicā€¦ Anyone got a more recent user number? :grinning:

3 Likes

I have more money in my Freetrade account than I do in any of my individual bank accounts.

I donā€™t know how useful the account number is to anyone, maybe it could be used as part of the customer support verification check, maybe it can be used by the API to gain access to the account if thereā€™s a security vulnerability, who knows? I wouldnā€™t use my full name on the forum or link any personally identifying details either for much the same reasons.

But while there are possible downsides, I donā€™t see any advantages in telling anyone my full number, especially when the last two digits are essentially just noise when the numbers are going up by roughly 1500 per day.

3 Likes

For the record, my full user number 58,811. The person before me was 58,810. The person after was 58,812.

3 Likes

Just had a friend sign up. User number is 7XX,XXX.

14 Likes

Just had a friend sign up. User number XXX,X85. :blush::pray:

12 Likes

OK guys, stop showing off because youā€™ve got friends! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Get our European friends on board. I imagine thatā€™ll be the best Xmas present for most of us!

4 Likes

Just saw that Robinhood has 18 million funded accounts. we have a good way to go!

4 Likes

Just a littleā€¦

18 million you say! Easy pickings! At current run rate of 1,500 per day we should land that relatively minor milestone on Nov 22nd 2052. IPO 2053 @Ā£150

You heard it here firstā€¦.

14 Likes

Some of us might be dead by that point

1 Like

maybe we will have the international expansion by 2052ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Seeing a lot more freetrade ads on Facebook

1 Like

I wouldnt keep your hopes up. I think it will be ā€œjust aboutā€ to launch then.

user # 781,3XX

so still a wee bit shy of Robinhoodā€™s 18million usersā€¦

27 Likes