How many users now?

Thanks for sharing. Can you indicate approximately when you signed up? User number seems a little low for a signup today. Hoping it was Friday or Saturday last week.

About that, yes - shortly after Colin Furze published the first underground tunnel video.
Only just got around to creating a forum account though.

4 Likes

Great, thanks.

Does anyone else have a more recent number to see if there is any spike from the Colin Furze ad? I’ve seen a few new users already suggest they signed up after watch his vid.

1 Like

#781,097. Signed up on the 25th of June after seeing Colin Furze advertise the platform.

39 Likes

I just subscribed to Colin Furze after seeing him advertised on the Freetrade Community… seriously.
I’d never heard of him. Now I’m hooked on the tunnel build!

11 Likes

Mutually beneficial relationships are the future

3 Likes

I have just signed up through the Colin furze link- what I don’t get is how the app knows I got there that way. The advert says you will receive a free share. But the app seems to indicate the only way to get a free share is by referring friends.
So I get that Colin will get loads of free shares by us using his referral code not sure how the people coming from his link get their free share?

9 Likes

I’m user #801,921 signed up 5 mins ago

67 Likes

Welcome :+1: thanks for sharing your number :pray:

2 Likes

Welcome …

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that looks like a great jump in signups over the last week!

Hi @Emma84 welcome to the forum and FT. As soon as you deposit money into your account it ‘tracks’ you as a referred sign up and in a few days you’ll get a notification for your free share. If you want to share your link with friends and family you’ll be able to earn more shares.

If you’re new to all of this investing lark and want to ask any questions there is a thread for just that thing. There might be answers in there but if not ask away. Ask your beginners questions here 🐣 - #721 by devlonias

7 Likes

Just wondering how you calculate 2,000?

Based on this last user number update:

And this from today July 3rd (8 days):

That would be 2,500 hundred a day?!

Considering we were averaging 1,500 before the Colin Furze ads, Colin seems to be helping to add an extra 1,000 users a day over the last 8 to 10 days. :muscle:t4:

Assuming a minimum of £3 per share per referral, that tunnel will be paid for in no time, if not already!

Keep digging! :pick: :construction_worker_man:t4: :rocket:

13 Likes

@zaccharles I don’t suppose you could post an user updated graph could you?

Be interesting to see a BC (before Colin) line?

3 Likes

New update:

:white_check_mark: From 0000 to 100K :arrow_right: 497 days
:white_check_mark: From 100K to 200K :arrow_right: 152 days
:white_check_mark: From 200K to 300K :arrow_right: 159 days
:white_check_mark: From 300K to 400K :arrow_right: 43 days
:white_check_mark: From 400K to 500K :arrow_right: 03 days (GME)
:white_check_mark: From 500K to 600K :arrow_right: 29 days
:white_check_mark: From 600K to 700K :arrow_right: 66 days
:white_check_mark: From 700K to 800K :arrow_right: 58 days

Good numbers for :freetrade: !! Waiting for European expansion to boost them! :muscle: :muscle:

46 Likes

Sure

43 Likes

Thanks Zac for keeping this updated!

7 Likes

Smashed projection by over a year. Great work Freetraders. Lets keeps promoting with everyone we know. Ive managed to persuade 3 people to open accounts. I know its not much but every person helps

14 Likes

Not quite true, as the projection was for active users not users

2 Likes

I am not fond of the way active users are accounted for. Which may result from a misunderstanding on my part.

As far as I am aware, placing an order during the period of one month makes someone an active user.

There are months when I place multiple orders, which makes me an active user.

There are months when I place no orders. Zero. Zilch. Nada. That makes me an inactive user. Yet I am active every day. I read every day. I check numbers every day.

I don’t know how to account for that. I believe I am not alone. I am sure there will be thousands more people being active in lifting rocks to try to find opportunities, but not placing orders in the app.

I ignore the exact criteria used by Freetrade to identify the number of active users. I think cases like mine ought to be considered active which would increase the numbers towards a figure closer to reality

6 Likes