How many users now?

funded account and logged in within the last 30 days

1 Like

Where do you see this?

It was in the R7 pitch deck

2 Likes

If we were all sensible long term traders like FT want, we wouldnā€™t be trading even that regularly.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s industry standard but itā€™s completely possible, without autopilot, that people could log in 31 - 60 days apart and still consider themselves as active

1 Like

Unless they are adding every month?

I definitely check the app less than once every 30 days. Simply because I track all my stocks in a google sheet and invest into PLCs less than once per month. But Freetrade is my primary broker for these types of investments. :thinking:

5 Likes

Do you have notifications disabled? I would assume just based on my observations that FT aim to send a general notification a month (new shares, new referral offer etcā€¦) to keep that metric up.

I generally just look at my google sheet as well, but Iā€™m sure I end up opening the app every 30 days even if Iā€™m not topping up that month.

1 Like

There could be some investors who at the start of each tax year (or before end of tax year), max out their ISAs, invest and then donā€™t invest again until the following tax year. Would they be considered inactive or would the action of them logging in to check their portfolios mark them as active?

1 Like

The phase from the pitch deck was

ā€œ Over 475K of those customers have been actively using the app in the last thirty days (MAU - monthly active users)ā€

I guess actively is the key word here

1 Like

As Freetrade uses MAU there is little point in speculating here about it. MAU is something that many Internet companies use - the key point is that there is no standard definition of MAU. You must ask the company (in this case Freetrade) how it defines it.

The upshot?

You cannot compare MAUs between companies. You can use MAU with reference to the specific company to see how it is ā€œprogressingā€ using the metric it itself defines. Another data point as it were.

5 Likes

This is the crux of it for me. My guess is that an active user includes anyone with assets on the app, even if they are extremely passive investors who have a single holding and only access their account once in a blue moon. That said, itā€™s up to Freetrade to decide what goes into the definition and they will be best placed to judge it.

2 Likes

I guess I am the complete opposite. I open the app at least once per day and sometimes more if I just want to ā€˜check inā€™ on the current values.
I donā€™t act on any changes in value, I started off hating the ā€˜live pricingā€™ ticks but Iā€™ve now got used to them.

So that makes me an active user :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha I do the same! I donā€™t have any intention in selling anything for years, but I look on freetrade almost as often as I look on social media just because it interests me

5 Likes

I havenā€™t opened the app since early Decā€¦ I cannot bear to look at my portfolio at the moment! The sell off has been relentless! :sob:

4 Likes

I have 5 figure holdings in my FT account
But I havent bought or sold anything since July

Guess Iā€™m not an active user and therefore irrelevant eh :wink:

12 Likes

Colleague signed up Sunday 2nd January but only just told me.
1,232,8**

28 Likes

the app is over 30 in the ranking of the App Store

it seems that the app lost some momentum post crowdfunding

Hi @nico850 what is Day 0?

Well, look at that, we sailed past 1,250,000 without any fanfare. (1,254,xxx - still over 1K a dayā€¦)

Anyone got a suitable gif?

43 Likes