How many users now?

Great stuff guys. Thatā€™s an average of 850 per day over 4 days. Clearly the tesla referral incentive is working!

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to go with 13th of November :grin:

Edit: at 2pm :joy:
Edit again: I meant November :sweat_smile:

Is it not over 5 days? Which makes it between 600-700.

Well highly unlikely to be 5 full days. Depends when user signed up really. Morning or just before midnight makes a big difference when you only look at a few days.

1 Like

@Raul you can check anytime here. Bookmark if you wish. :partying_face:

The current forecast suggests 8 December for 300k. If FT ramp up marketing though, launch plus and pensions it could generate a lot more users quite quickly.

Check out the monthly summary tab. Very interesting.

6 Likes

@Rollingskies check ā€œUsers Dataā€ sheet because I think B5 and C5 calculations are using different date entry points (in one case A64 and in the other B62) and, if I am not wrong, it miscalculates ā€œAverage new users over last 20 date pointsā€.

I realized because I am also running some forecasts and my ā€œaverage new users over last 20 date pointsā€ is lower (around 670).

2 Likes

Thanks. I have to amend formula each time new entry is added. Sometimes I do it on my phone. Looks better now. :grin:

2 Likes

My friend got registered today at 19.00 hours
User number # 211,664

28 Likes

Perhaps seeing a slight dropping off registrations. But still on track for 20k this month.

Doesnā€™t appear to be any initial gain from Robinhood quitting which along with the Tesla share prize draw is perhaps a bit disappointing if we wanted to be harsh.

If we can keep up 20k a month thatā€™s 300k by end of year and a 200% increase in 10/11 months which would be amazing achievement.

12 Likes

They already had the free share offer; I was less convinced the Tesla share would mean a lot more.

Iā€™ve asked most of my mates who were interested before this offer anyway

To be fair as far as big landmark marketing stunts go, the Tesla promotion is IMO a bit of a gimmick - chances of winning are extremely slim. Iā€™d imagine any signup increase from this would be in the low hundreds (still a win in FTā€™s book).

Many wonā€™t be bothered to coerce family/friends into something for the sake of that chance, despite the usual free share (usually around the Ā£5 mark).

1 Like

300k by year end would be great! Anything over that is a bonus for me.

1 Like

To hit 300k by end of year, we need an average growth of 570 users per day.

In the last 30 days, FT has an average growth of around 630/650 users per day, so itā€™s on the right path!

And in my opinion, FT will speed up if they make progress this year in certain fields: Ads, more shares/ETFs, Freetrade Plus and European expansion.

4 Likes

It would be great to reach Ā£1bn AuM by the end of the year. Which seems plausible given the current rate. New order types and everything else in the pipeline should normally make investing larger amounts easier.

6 Likes

Did FT do any reactive paid social campaigns to capitalise on RHā€™s announcement? I got two targeted ads from eToro and another trading app taking a subtle jab at RH and referenced their waiting lists etc. Low hanging fruit right there.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a FT employee. Contrary to popular belief esp on investment chat groups I seem to be garnering a reputation. :laughing:

I think FT hope that the other platforms are doing their advertising for them and in time users will sign up here. It does allow FT to grow gradually and sensibly with the infrastructure they have, for example support staff over time. 20k users a month with minimal advertising is pretty good!

With Plus due to come out later in August and SIPPs the end of the year I think there wonā€™t be much let up of growth.

9 Likes

My mate just joined FT user number 2132XX.

36 Likes

Thatā€™s a cracking first post @TomD1! Welcome and thanks for posting this.

5 Likes

My mate just joined FT user number 213,689

12 Likes

Super stuff!

Right now for some statsā€¦

And the model forecastā€¦

19 Likes