How many users now?

The last figure I saw on this was in the pitch deck. End of April ‘20 £125m for 150k customers

Very interesting, thanks for the replies @PoemofXtasy @saf @BOOM @AdamL

Any new joiners

1 Like

My mate just signed up:

222,54*

19 Likes

Seems to be slowing down again back to low 400s which is a disappointing but not completely unexpected.

Feel like some of the user number predictions above in the thread might not take into account an expansion to Europe. If Freetrade can pull it off then it would likely speed up user growth.

1 Like

Can anyone give an update on how the beta testing in Ireland and Holland is getting on and a rough idea of when the full roll out will happen. Thanks

18 Likes

The Central Limit Theorem (or law of averages) is that with larger number distribution is normal so average deviates not so much and portfolio rise and fall will average out too and probably move as per markets.

2 Likes

Did they say if the £2000 average is based on those with more than £0 or it includes those with an empty account?

2 Likes

@Freetrade_Team any update on the Irish beta when is it going live is there a hold up?

2 Likes

My mate just signed up:

224,72*

19 Likes

224,95* Friend just joined

24 Likes

:arrow_right: Based on last 10 entry points, FT is growing at around 550 users per day.
:arrow_right: Based on information from August, FT is growing at around 470 users per day.

:soon: To achieve 300K before the end of 2020, FT should grow at around 585 users per day.

2 Likes

I imagine if/when Freetrade starts to push more marketing campaigns the user growth would also increase too. As of yet this growth has basically been without any huge wide scale online marketing campaigns which is fairly impressive when you compare it to platforms like T212 hitting me with an unskippable ad on every YouTube video I watch.

2 Likes

I imagine that actually puts a lot of people off, you don’t want your brand to be associated with being annoying. Which is what that would do for me if I didn’t have an adblocker that works on youtube ads

4 Likes

This is true tbf they are annoying with the volume of ads they have. I have ad blocker on my laptop but nothing for my phone so I have to watch them. It depends on the individual I guess. If it’s constantly hitting someone who in the moment isn’t interested in investing but at some point in the future they decide they want to get into it, then they are likely the first company they’d think about.

Though I don’t think spamming ads should be FT’s approach either, a more strategic campaign would be better for the brand. T212’s vibe of almost aggressive marketing likely doesn’t appeal to a lot of people, and their branding isn’t that aesthetically pleasing or welcoming either whereas FT’s definitely is.

1 Like

They should update Keeping your money safe to say ‘…more than 200,000 users’ now then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heads up @Freetrade_Team @Viktor

Incoming opportunity to drive those sign ups…

20 Likes

My mate just signed up # 227620

24 Likes

Is that around 400 a day?