How many users now?

Looks like somewhere around 17 Jan 2021

1 Like

Thatā€™s based on past performance, though. Advertising and holidays may significantly impact things.

300k users should be on the Christmas wishlist!

9 Likes

Doable with 700/day. Very doable :facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

Great bā€™day pressie! Woo

1 Like

Do we have an updated user number from anyone?

Advertising has been running a week now so hoping for an uptick :thinking:

Should be able to get one this evening. Iā€™ve given one to someone today

3 Likes

Registered around midday 253,6xx :star_struck:

17 Likes

Is that around 400 a day ?

Yep still around 450 a day

On track for slowest monthly growth since February. :thinking:

what valuation do you think Freetrade will raise at? next year?

1 Like

Depends on loads of factors, Iā€™d like to see user numbers start accelerating before they look at a Series B/crowdfund R7.

Maybe EU expansion is needed first :thinking:

2 Likes

Far too early to say, depends on lots of factors

Iā€™d say probably not EU expansion, I think the series B funds would be used to push this initiative hard so priority before will be getting all the technical and regulatory boxes ticked and ensure FT have a top quality product to enter the other markets

Might be imagining it but I think that FT have hit their crowdfunding EIS limit so less value for users in getting in at a much higher valuation. I imagine (hope) the raise will be cĀ£40-Ā£50m with 1/2 VCs, will save time and effort if there is no crowdfunding round

4 Likes

Yes but VCs are way more likely to take you to the cleaners, for example if Monzo raised this year on crowdcube they could have raised at 4billion, but instead they raised with VC at a 1billion market cap. That was the price they raised at in 2018 with a quarter of the users

1 Like

I think Monzo is a poor example, they were/are struggling and needed the cash - VCā€™s knew this and took advantage.

Freetradeā€™s Series A with Draper was done at the same valuation as the crowdfund at the time and I always feel Freetradeā€™s crowdfund valuations have been on the conservative side!

1 Like

I agree they can push the valuation down however if you have a strong business case and justification I donā€™t think you have to budge as you will have optionsā€¦also VCs will deliver far more cash than crowdfunding and user numbers donā€™t always increase in parallel with valuation

SIPP is key for large liquidity which FT should be targeting.

1 Like

3 Likes