Instant Bank Transfer

Within the team, we have a ban on the word “soon”, so I doubt anyone said that? DM me though, we’d love to improve any comms if we did say that, as the word itself doesn’t mean anything, and sets everyone involved up for disappointment. We also tend to talk timelines when we can guarantee them.

The Investment Platform is not far out. It’s a complex product, but we’ll be able to share a few of the milestones, and the migration timeline.

But we are not waiting on the platform to make progress! A couple of things that are happening right now:

• More stocks :chart_with_upwards_trend: We have an internal drive to add up to a thousand stocks prior to the platform roll-out. We don’t know yet how many are possible, but we’re very conscious that more stocks are a top request. Please get your votes in here: Stock Requests 📈 - Freetrade Community
  • Free shares :dancing_women: You and the friends you refer get a free stock from a poll of stocks worth ~£2.5 - £200. We’ve been testing this feature, and it’s extremely popular. We should be able to roll out the real share reveals in the next two weeks or so: MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback 🎟 - #500 by Drew
  • Radically improved discovery tab and insights. :mag: We’re doing this iteratively, with the help of the community. Current testing: Sectors in Discover 🧱 🚌 💊

And a lot more. For quicker transfers specifically, as soon as you link your bank account, it’s a relatively fast process. I normally transfer during the weekend (which is when I get to it, really), and the funds are on my account around the time the markets open. But we’re looking into how to improve this with quick wins even prior the platform rollout.

9 Likes