Instant Bank Transfer

It depends, but it can be as high as 3% depending on where the money is held. However, I am not desperate for FT to start paying interest, I am really advocating for instant transfers at anytime of day (as you cannot place an order without sufficient funds). Alternatively, as discussed above, FT could allow the placing of orders without the funds to support them.

3%? Are you sure you have brokers in mind and not banks?

2 Likes

You would be hard pressed to find a bank paying an interest rate of even close to 3%. Lots of brokers pay differing amounts based on the currencies you hold. For example, AUD accounts pay 2.5% as a pretty standard rate etc.

Why don’t you try and answer gl196 question that would be more helpful??

1 Like

me too :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Cant you just put a surplus of money in to your free trade account. I do that all the time. If you are down to using the money, used to pay the rent and bills, should you be investing that anyway? Moving money backwards and forwards between freetrade and current account is kind of absurd, and a waste of time, unless you are literally investing your rent and food money.

5 Likes

If you put funds into your Freetrade account and leave them there then you miss out on the returns on them so it does make sense for the average person to be moving money in and out.

what returns? Interest rates on current accounts are close to zero, even before covid, my current account was something like 0.1% per year.

2 Likes

Then you should look into changing bank accounts. I never buy into the argument that interest doesn’t make a difference. If you look at the impact a 1% investment fee per annum has on returns then it’s clear that small amounts make a big difference over time.

2 Likes

Instant bank transfers have arrived. I just transferred from Monzo to my GIA and it took seconds. Well done Freetrade

9 Likes

Feel like making a small transfer just to see it

Edit: just did it and the whole process took maybe 10-15 seconds, if that, starting with tapping top-up, going to my bank account, hit confirm and back to Freetrade by truelayer

Amazing

11 Likes

Made my payday deposit today, was there instantly. Very happy this has finally been added to FT feel like it should be shouted about more, this is a crucial feature that we needed and has been delivered on.

3 Likes

Looking forward to using this new feature on 6 April for my new ISA allowance :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hooray for instant transfers!

4 Likes

Tested out and I got the notification it had reached Freetrade before my bank account had updated!

Great stuff

6 Likes

Tried and works fantastically, well done Freetrade

2 Likes