Introduce yourself 👋

Hi Viktor,

Yep, I see there are a few AIM stocks in the app, which is great.

Nothing in particular, but would be nice to use one app for trading rather than 2/3, if that makes sense?

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m new to trading currently researching how trading works. Looking forward to trading with free-trade.

4 Likes

Welcome to Freetrade!

Take a look around the community - there are a lot of resources to help you get started.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Hi! Looking forward to participating in many thought-provoking conversations with this brilliant community. I am interested in esoteric single name bets and in ETFs with low administration fees. My retirement account is 75% pharma and biotech and 25% tech companies.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome aboard Freetrade. There’s loads I could share about myself but when it comes to SNS and money it’s probably best to keep shstum.
I’m interested in tech, disruptive technologies, and DIVIDEND stocks as we could be nearing the end of the cycle for GROWTH stocks. However, I like a punt on a new company from time to time.

3 Likes

Welcome (again) Mary :smile:

It seems like everyone’s talking about dividends at the moment so maybe you’re onto something there! E.g. Dividend paying stocks - new(ish) investor question it’d be great to hear more about what you have in mind.

Hi there! Ive been investing in physical gold, silver & platinum for the past fews years. Looking for something more virtual hence signing up to Freetrade. Starting small with a few hundred quid but aim to get to 10k over the next couple of years. Looking for dividends and growth!

2 Likes

Welcome :grinning:

I’d like to do something similar!

You mentioned that you’d like to retire early, are you thinking about trying a FIRE lifestyle too by any chance?

Yeah, thats the plan. Thanks for the link. I need to read in a bit more detail but no one wants to be working still in there sixties. I certainly dont lol

1 Like

Hi, I’m Cassie.

I’m a mum of 3 (4 if we include my husband :rofl:), a small business owner and I work f/t.
I’m trying to learn ways to invest my money as I dont want to be working until 70!:weary:
I need to learn how to make my money work for me and stocks and shares seems to be the way to do it, so here I am!

8 Likes

Welcome Cassie,

Read as much as you can and good luck.

2 Likes

Or earlier … Or at all … :tired_face:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Mary. I’ve just started on Freetrade.

I wanted to see what kind of investing experience I get when there are no fees. I will use Freetrade in a different way than my other brokerage accounts. I’m a great believer in longterm investing, buying low and selling high, and am here to explore other styles of investing and learn more about investing successfully.

It’s nice to be part of a community, where we can also grow (not just our money) by helping others and learning too.

May everyone prosper.

9 Likes

If only everyone could prosper! But from experience where one person suceeds theres a hundred that don’t.

Seems like those would be people sticking their cash in 0.30% interest bank accounts for decades :thinking:

6 Likes

And watching their money erode away through inflation. Fiat currency does not work folks!:pound::money_with_wings::euro::money_with_wings::dollar:

1 Like

Hello

Daniel here, work in a medical field and spent last year learning how to invest and also how to trade.

Freetrade is one of the platforms I am looking forward to using. Currently the number of stocks available is a little low but I know it will grow as FT develops.

I mainly use a VCA strategy when investing which nets me really good returns. I also currently trade (spreadbet) in order to maximise gains and that is also going well.

Looking forward to seeing what FT brings to the table I quite excited as I see great potential.

5 Likes

Can you explain what VCA is?

1 Like

It stands for value cost averaging.
There are many great companies out there but their stock price will have its ups and downs. The goal of VCA is to buy more stock when the price is lower and less when it is at its peaks. You can do this on a monthly basis, this will bring your average cost a lot lower and I find that it brings in greater returns than price cost average (where you just invest the same amount each month no matter where the price is.)

4 Likes

Ah, ok, just wasn’t familiar with the acronym but the concept is pretty much what I do :+1:

2 Likes