Invest by Freetrade: the upgrade has begun

Great idea. Id support this to easily identify my payments in my banking app

1 Like

Used a few instant trades today. No issues and works as expected.
I find that the charting and latest price is very slow to update, not sure if itā€™s due to the freqency of the updates from the API. Usually have to result to other sources of data in regards to price.

Can we have the trendlines go back the full way to the companyā€™s IPO?

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to get access !!!

Still waiting to be updated to the new platform. The sooner the better please, especially as Iā€™ve just had a top up go missing and have been told it will take up to 2 days to sort out :open_mouth:

Just watching that Tesla price grow and grow, watching how much Iā€™m missing out on

1 Like

Any guessesā€¦?

Wonder if weā€™ll get a nice surpriseā€¦

3 Likes

How long can we expect top ups to take now? :thinking::weary:

Edit According to FAQā€™s it still takes 2-4 working hours

Sorry guys but i believe the Instant deposits with Apple Pay and Google Pay as soon as youā€™re upgraded should come with a tag up to only 1000 quid .
Its kind of misleading at least for me . I had few chats with different representatives of yours and its only after i spent 1000 quid that i figured out that i cant deposit more . Bank deposits takes ages and i think there is lot of work that still needs to be done

1 Like

My app tells me how much I have left of the Ā£1000 limit

Are instant bank deposits a plan? Seems like it should be possible with the faster payments network? Moving money from Nationwide to Monzo gives me a Monzo notification before the Nationwide app even says itā€™s finished.

6 Likes

It is about the mechanics of getting the money listed in each customers name which is tricky. We do not each have a unique bank account and so the payments have to be sorted in batches. It is possible though.

2 Likes

When did you last deposit via bank, and are you on the new platform yet?

Iā€™m on the new platform, transferred on the 15th and it took less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

I got the message that my account is updated can see a beta tag in my insights panel, I am not sure if that means that i am on new platform. But it never says that bank deposit would be instant. It just says that google and apple pay will be instant ? Any ways 10 minutes is not guaranteed i guess?

I donā€™t think itā€™s instant, but it definitely is way quicker than before. Iā€™m in the beta group and there are a number of success stories about quick transfer and balance updates.

A few quotes from the beta group:

ā€œThe bank transfer I made yesterday was very quick, a lot quicker than previouslyā€¦ā€

ā€œMy bank transfer was there within 3 minutesā€

ā€œTopped up via bank transfer today and I would say it was no more than 5 minutes before it hit my accountā€

ā€œMade a bank transfer earlier today. Received a notification saying the money was there in less than 10 minutesā€

ā€œJust topped up for the first time since being transferred over to the platform - top up went through in less than 5 minutesā€

There was the odd occasion where itā€™s taken an hour or so, but on the whole seems to have sped things up by being on the new platform.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

This can definitely be done automatically based on the reference. As far as I know, itā€™s being done manually at the moment, or more likely partially automated.

Thereā€™s a myriad of reasons it may not be fully automated right now, so I wonā€™t bother listing my guesses.

I just think it will be nice one day to have bank deposits applied instantly or with very little delay.

1 Like

Cool thanks thatā€™s encouraging. I would still wait for the instant topups feature to be in the platform hopefully shortly. Cheers

Do we know the date that Freetrade expect to have all existing users onboard the new invest platform by?

7 Likes

Was migrated on this week. Have had a number of basic orders process at 3:01 and notified immediately so already feels quicker than the previous platform.

4 Likes

Any update on the migration to Invest. It feels like a life time waiting for this process to take place! :grinning:

2 Likes

Itā€™s great on the expansion but surely it would have made more sense to develop on progress the current product here. It seems recently like things have slowed somewhat, customers are still waiting on being moved to Invest and requests for updates and new stocks seem to be falling on deaf ears. Iā€™ve even opened a 212 account because Iā€™m getting frustrated with waiting. Just venting sorry.

7 Likes