Chart improvements 📈

Hi everyone :wave:

We’ve recently made a number of highly requested improvements to the charts on your Freetrade app.

This is to give you a better experience when analysing the performance of your portfolio, or of any stocks on your watchlist.

These features will gradually roll out over the next week. From today, all customers can:

• Choose from more chart time frames: view the performance of your whole portfolio, or a single instrument’s, over a 3-month or 6-month window (in addition to 1-day, 7-day, 1-month, 1-year and max)
  • Get more detailed historical pricing: see more detailed price movements throughout the day, with higher resolution on 7-day and 1-month instrument price charts
  • View your overall portfolio performance over different intervals: on your portfolio tab, the headline gain / loss figure will change based on your selected time frame

From today, iOS users will also be able to configure their watchlist to display stock performance over their preferred time frame. This will be rolled out to Android users in the New Year.

Thank you for all your feedback, it’s been a huge driver in these changes. Let us know what you think below, and tell us what you’d like to see next!

When you invest your capital is at risk. The value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest.

44 Likes

It would be nice to have another line were it shows your deposit history against your overall gain and loss

13 Likes

how do we configure the watchlist?
seems to default to 1M no matter what you set the main graph to.

1 Like

@My.financial.journey we have had lots of feedback about how to better display the effects of deposits and withdraws on the charts and we are looking to tackle that in the future so keep an eye out for further updates.

@Panik if you have updated the app to the latest version you should be able to see a selector to change the watchlist time next to the “Watchlist” heading on your portfolio screen. Bear in mind we have just released that for iOS but Android will be coming soon
Watchlist period selection

4 Likes

oh right…yeah I see it now.
thanks

2 Likes

Presumably next step is having that little widget for changing time period for portfolio stocks as well? I’d really like to be able to see how each stock in my portfolio has changed over the day.

3 Likes

Thanks for this!

One request for the future: when scrubbing across the graph your portfolio value changes but the overall return subheading vanishes. It’d be good to keep that in.

2 Likes

Minor quibble, the word max goes onto two lines on my phone

Edit. app version is 1.0.31886. I’m on Android 8.1

3 Likes

Dave include your operating system and app version number to help Freetrade look into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.