The Freetrade Christmas List 2019 🎄

Exciting to see what’s coming out in the next couple of months! The Better Graphs, Gain/Loss, and Benchmarking sound great!

30 Likes

Instant deposits :credit_card:

:pray: @simonpoole @Ian @klockyer

7-day customer support :man_technologist:

@Gemhappe and team: :hugs:!

5 Likes

Wait. There’s more:

• Watchlist :star:

5 Likes

Sounds great :clap: !

Does Santa intend delivering for both iOS and Android ?

2 Likes

By the way I made a deposit today and it was in my account within one hour. Instant deposits would be great, but I am quite happy with that even now.

What I really want to see is all of the S&P500 stocks in the app and the dividend activity.

Also changing the graphs to 3m/6m/1y/max would be very useful, after all most of the users here are investors and not day traders.

8 Likes

Yes to this feature!

• Gain/Loss :moneybag:

1 Like

Looking forward to Christmas even more now :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, Santa is quite inclusive.

13 Likes

Great work all. App seems to be coming along nicely

2 Likes

Great work team! Exciting stuff

3 Likes

Where is the “winter is coming” picture taken?

Fixed! Thanks. :pray:

2 Likes

Liverpool Street area, I’d guess. The church looks like a Hawksmoor church to me, probably Christ Church Spitalfields. So, roof of Freetrade’s office? ETA: yep, definitely roof of Freetrade’s office :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exciting times. Can’t wait.:sparkler:

Some thoughts on the feature list:
Gain/Loss - please correct me if I’m wrong. Day 1 you invest £1 as a tester. Day 2 you invest £1k. – “up by £1k since you began investing”? If so will there be an off button? I find iWeb really annoying when they say I’m up by 40% because of some similar bug
Benchmarking - somewhat interesting…will it include the dividends that have been received also? I hope so
Watchlist - good :+1:
Instant deposits - great :+1:
7-day customer support - OK. Don’t see why people can’t wait until Monday when the markets are closed anyway
Better graphs - Don’t really care

What I really want is actual return. e.g. dividends + growth. Not growth only. Not how much money I’ve deposited.

3 Likes

As well as gain/loss, we’ll also show you the pure return of your investments minus any deposits and withdrawals. This is also known as TWRR (time-weighted rate of return), and we’ll show you this against a global benchmark.

I find the same thing annoying on some of the other platforms I invest on. So looking forward to TWRR.

5 Likes

Well you already have me in the Christmas spirit Freetrade only a few words in. First heading on the blog Last Christmas :notes:

Edit: It’ll be in my head all weekend now :joy:

2 Likes

:christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow: Wham! - Last Christmas (Official Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

I will NOT click that link hahaha

4 Likes

I clicked it Shane. You’re missing out

3 Likes