Is it worth it

Is the plus account worth the £9.99 a month?

Yes :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

For me yes :+1:t3:

5 Likes

I’d say yes.

Limit buys, limit sells, plus access to all stocks. You can also recoup the £9.99 per month if you keep £4k in cash in your account and earn interest.

5 Likes

Just by looking at it yes if you can spare 4k, no if you’re a small investor just starting out like me :smiley:

6 Likes

It depends on your needs but for me it’s a definite yes because of the facility that allows me to buy and sell at specified prices. Saves me more than £9.99 worth of time and money each month. Also get a wider range of stocks. Plus prompt customer service chats :+1:t2::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yes.

The ability to place a limit order and then get on with your day is priceless.

Access to any stock is good as well in including customer service response in less than ten minutes and in some cases less than 4.

Also if you have enough cash to store it’s technically free.

It’s workable for some and not for others though and no judgement at all if it’s not for you, or you can’t afford it.

2 Likes

The answer is that it depends, and depends mostly on your account balance. For the average account size of around £1000 no, probably not, otherwise you are paying 12% per year. But then you are also probably better off with the GIA anyway, rather than the ISA. As the balance increases it makes more sense, first to an ISA then to Plus.

3 Likes

Freetrade Plus seems to be a progression as one becomes more comfortable. Start with a GIA progress to an ISA then onto Plus as your portfolio grows.

3 Likes

For me it’s a big yes, when your portfolio is as down as mine £9.99 is but a drop in the ocean.

2 Likes

Im happy to pay it but then Ive been paying a lot more (% based) to other brokers over the years

SIPPS are pretty expensive elsewhere too

R

1 Like

Deffo a Yes from me, much wider pool of stocks and I get interest on my cash balance

Yes if you want the extra shares selection and deal at least once a month and have a portfolio of less than £17k. Otherwise AJ Bell is cheaper.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.