My portfolio took a big drop with jupiter fund management plc. But hoping the dividend will recover some of that. I bought two days before ex dividend when it was very high. A few days after they announced high outages and shares plummeted! But their balance cash flow is good so hoping for a recovery!
VWRP - Up 4%
EMIM - Up by barely anything.
WLDS - up 1%
VGOV - down 2%
WOOD - up 7%
FXPO - up 12%
SJPA - down 3% (Looking to sell once it reaches parity)
INRG - down 24% (Not investing, it’s only two shares thankfully)
BOO - down 7%
It should be more healthy once I’m able to exit SJPA and maybe INRG. SJPA was just a test buy and hasn’t been anywhere near what I paid for it since I got it. Utterly rubbish.
INRG crashed as everyone knows by now, I only got two shares and resisted the temptation to ‘buy down’. I prefer to put the money into other, healthier stocks right now.
BOO I’m not topping up any further. I will exit this one once it is around £4 maybe, depends how the growth period goes.
The only individual share I’m intending to hold is FXPO, which has had another spike into the £4 range now (I first bought at £3.30). I don’t have many shares there because my portfolio is based around the ETFS; VWRP is the core, EMIM, WLDS and WOOD are the satellite ETFs and VGOV is the bond.
So far I’m fairly happy performance-wise with WOOD and VWRP, but less so about WLDS and EMIM, but I don’t intend to exit those positions anytime soon.
I bought them before I formulated my portfolio, they are both things I don’t want in the portfolio anymore basically.
I’d rather they meet parity and sell. The Japanese one should get there at some point. The INRG one is -£7, but because it is only two shares I don’t mind leaving them there to see if they recover. If I had a bigger holding I might have cut my losses, but as they’re small I don’t really mind waiting on them right now.
Yeah, I think that’s a good strategy. I’ve got 5 stocks I bought in my first week of trading where the value is less than £50 and I’ve decided I’ve got no interest in keeping them. I’ve set the target %age in my spreadsheet to 0, but have no plans to sell them until I actually need the cash for something else.
There are a couple that have lost a lot last week and not recovered but were ticking along at about break even before. But now I think they genuinely were over-valued, but as about half my portfolio is cash until I invest, I might as well give them a shot at recovering in the mean time.
I have a couple more that made a profit, but I just don’t care about them, so I’ll let them tick along in case they continue rising. My decision is just that I don’t want any more of them because I’m more interested in other things where I know the market more.