ISA transfers are here 🚚

Is that 12300 tax free after income from my work or that’s included income from work?

I also working full time and have 40k a year on the contract.

Capital gains tax allowance is separate from income tax allowance.
Profit from shares is a capital gain.
Dividends are income but for this tax year you get £2000 dividend allowance on top of your income tax allowance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

You are right to be asking the question: previously the T&C’s etc made it clear that “currently” (i.e. at that time) only UK shares were transferable. The T&C Version 1.6 – January 2022
wording has now changed to

… we will transfer your Securities in specie to the new ISA manager. For any Securities held in your Freetrade ISA we are unable to transfer in specie …

The new wording is precise but not necessarily immediately helpful for someone who wants to know whether the shares they hold are transferable or not. The rule of thumb, I would apply now is that fractional shares are not transferable, UK shares are transferable, US are not, European possibly.

I have not come across any message on this forum suggesting that they have transferred (in or out) shares on European exchanges.

I guess the best thing you can do is ping Freetrade via the in-app help or email help asking whether your share X can be transferred or not.

1 Like

I recently made use of the ISA transfer feature, by transferring some shares I held with IG Group to Freetrade. It all went smoothly, except for one thing. For some reason, on Freetrade, it says that I bought the shares nearly 4% higher than I actually did, according to the record of the trade on my IG dashboard. Even when I add on the commission I paid IG, it does not add up to the price Freetrade is saying I paid. This is quite frustrating as it means I can’t easily get an accurate reading of my profit/loss. Anyone else had this issue?

If you haven’t made any trades in your ISA the Freetrade team can adjust the buy price if you reach out to them.

1 Like

Hi all, first time transferring an isa and i have a quick question for anyone with experience. I’ve just received my ISA transfer forms and one of the entries states (Approximate Transfer Value) however since i am transferring another stocks and shares isa the value changes every day.

I’m wondering if i should put down the amount I’ve put into the isa as a whole or just the value on the day of filling out the form?

Cheers!

If it’s for historic subscription year(s) then no one will care much - make a wild value guess - as you say it moves intra second away. If it’s current year it’s more important as Freetrade will need to record what you actually paid for the stock(s) to manage current year subscriptions. In either case it’ll be managed for you.

2 Likes

Topic is at: [Feature Request 🔧] Internal GIA to ISA transfers (Bed and ISA)