:freetrade: ISAs and Multiple accounts

Total portfolio view is what people will expect I think, then with the ability to drill down into individual accounts for more detail. I’d expect to start at a home which shows me all the accounts with some summary info for each, and then to select an account to see more detail on holdings and perform actions etc. I don’t like the idea of a modal switch, it feels clunky usually, like extra accounts were bolted on after the UI was decided on. I’ve never seen that done well.

The majority of users will probably have:

• GIA (since this is free, most will start there)
  • ISA (going to be very popular)

Many of your account holders will end up with something like:

• GIA
  • ISA
  • SIPP

They’re not going to want to flip between those and do mental arithmatic just to find their total net worth in savings (many nowadays save into ISAs as well as pensions for long term saving). This is one of the things the HL app does quite well.

To me for savings, transactions are a secondary function, the main info is total value, growth against targets and money added this year (particularly for ISAs). A general feed of transactions would do no harm as a screen under accounts, but I’d be more interested in a portfolio view which showed numbers for all accounts and growth for all accounts (perhaps against targets). I’d expect something like:

• Home (summary of each account + overall totals)
  • Home > Account (summary of value and holdings)
  • Home > Account > Transactions (list of transactions, inc. fees)
  • Home > Account > Pending (list of pending limit orders etc)
7 Likes