iShares NASDAQ 100 UCITS ETF (CNX1)

Just to clarify your last sentence… so you mean that the distributing ETF already available would underperform in comparison to the accumulating ETF I’m requesting?

I’d prefer a more affordable ETF to get investing in NASDAQ asap given the current environment. It’s a growth ETF at the end of the day with so much potential. I’d really like to see it on Freetrade.

Again it depends on the fees etc. (I am ignoring tax because that is personal). If all you want to do is buy and hold the NASDAQ100 and reinvest the dividends then, over a reasonable time frame, the Accumulating version will likely outperform the Distributing version (there are published reports on this). This is because dividends are invested as soon as paid rather than every quarter and so you have more time in the market.

Yeah that’s spot on, I’d prefer to invest in the accumulating ETF which would strengthen my position in NASDAQ automatically :grinning: :+1:

Yes and I think it is a failing of Freetrade that you can’t. Almost every ETF comes in both versions and these should always both be present in order to provide choice.

Due to the lack of hedged and Distro/Accum ETFs I do not have my main portfolio on Freetrade but I really want to.

4 Likes

If you’ve read through the thread and agree, don’t forget to vote! Thanks.

Good point! I’m more interested in the hedged NASDAQ ETF but have voted for this one too!

2 Likes

Voted :+1:

1 Like

Great to see so many votes coming in! Hoping this ETF pops up on Freetrade sooner with this level of support :+1:

Great read…

Great informative thread - thanks. I work for Nasdaq listed company and think it has the best tech sector out there… cheers

1 Like

I’ve been scouring the internet reading about some of the best / most highly recommended ETFs and I’m surprised how few of them are actually available on Freetrade… there isn’t much variety at all. I’m really hoping this NASDAQ ETF can be the start of many more to come…

PLEASE VOTE :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Looks like this ETF has outperformed the only NASDAQ ETF currently available on FT by Invesco… it’s projected performance is even more impressive!!

2 Likes

The investment objective of the Fund is to deliver the net total return performance of the Reference Index (being the NASDAQ 100), less the fees and expenses and transaction costs of the Fund. The Reference Index is an equity index of securities comprising the largest US and international companies in terms of market capitalisation listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market. The Reference Index reflects companies across major industry groups including computer hardware and software, telecommunications, retail/wholesale trade and biotechnology. It does not contain securities of financial companies including investment companies. The Reference Index represents companies that are available to investors world wide with 100 constituents as of 30 September 2011.

@littlefish

First post!
Could the iShares Nasdaq 100 ucits etf (cnx1) accumulating please be added to the freetrade platform.

BlackRock

The same etf was requested not long ago but hasn’t been added yet.

Thanks

It would be better if you removed this post and lent a vote/comment to the original thread. Otherwise you just dilute the votes and make it less likely this will get added…

Already voted on the other post.

Anyone interested in this etf please goto the older post to vote

Older post link

Can you delete this post though? Otherwise people click on the first post only. I have asked Viktor to merge the other two.

Merging! Unique votes will be added to the main thread, no worries.

1 Like

Thank you very much!