Megathread - Crowdfunding

Ovalmoney’s upcoming campaign is nearing, looks like it will launch via Seedrs. Pre-register more formally here.

Did everyone get the Bnext email? Looks like the round will open this Monday, on 28th October @ 8.30am. Looking at demand (10k pledges amounting to ~5mn EUR against a target of 1mn GBP, overfunding limit unknown), it might go fast, so I’m glad we know ahead of time!

Will drop that other raise in a few more days, going from the suggestions I might’ve overhyped it haha :rofl: but everyone’s actually getting closer !

6 Likes

Does it begin with a B? :joy:

1 Like

Yes! No point hiding it now…!! :rofl:

Dutch neobroker Bux is crowdfunding!

Some of you might already know of the campaign being existing shareholders, as It is a pre-emption campaign. As a result, there is limited information (for new investors) and a cap on investments, so a bit naughty of me to publicise it maybe - please chill with what you invest, if anything. :laughing:

3 Likes

The main blocker is how shit storing energy in dead weight is. The payoff time for acquiring/leasing space to do this in will be astronomical. The working examples are all reservoirs and they’re tiny, tiny percentages of our energy usage.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been doing some research and it doesn’t look viable to me, will be leaving this one.

Thanks for this. I saw the foreign language emails pop up but thought they were spam.

1 Like

I got the email, it’s one million Pounds rather than Euros

• Round Target: 1 million pounds sterling
  • Start of the private Crowdequity (to switch from registered to investor): 28 October 8:30 a.m.
  • Public campaign to all Crowdcube: 30 October
  • Minimum investment: £12
  • Maximum investment: £50,000
1 Like

So Bnext will launch tomorrow @ 8.30am, that we already know.

Here is Bnext’s crowdfunding pitch video, well ahead of the launch :wink:

And for the impatient, here’s their campaign an hour early.

5 Likes

I’ve contributed a small speculative amount!

1 Like

Thanks for this. Is anyone else surprised by the valuation seeming somewhat low? I think I remember reading a UK fintech pitch deck (it may have been Freetrade’s), where it put the average valuation at £892x users… on this measure Bnext would be closer to £300m.

Any other thoughts anyone has?

1 Like

It’s in Spain, so no. Also, even if it were in the UK, it’s sort of a bank, so it wouldn’t qualify either.

BNext has raised more than £1M in less than two hours and it’s now over funding.

I was thinking the same. There is a strong correlation between Monzo raises and a value of $1K per customer so would put them higher based on other raises. Possibly more an overvaluation of London based companies that an undervaluation of them!

Any early indication of share price? I’ve been looking for “precio de la acción” but haven’t spotted it yet!

I think they call it “participación” and not “acción”.

In one answer they say:

10 Libras es el mínimo que tiene CrowdCube, para invertir. Debido a la fluctuación del tipo de cambio, se ha puesto la cantidad de 12 Libras, que es la cantidad más aproximada al valor de la participación (14,70€ aproximadamente)

Which basically says the minimum investment of £12 is actually the share price which is around €14.70.

1 Like

Also invested in Bnext. Lets go !

1 Like

I typically only invest in EIS eligible companies through crowdfunding, but am tempted in BNext, given its low valuation/users ratio. But I don’t know the landscape of Spanish neo-banks, do they have much competition? How would you compare it to the UK?

2 Likes

Heard this from Matt Cooper, Crowdcube’s CCO, through social media:

Finisterre, the clothing brand, will be crowdfunding. Pre-register here.

A Cornwall-based company, Finisterre are socially conscious and have a coastal image. They have 9 UK stores, and have grown their online business 60% YOY. They have been backed by active partners (LEON, Evans Cycles, Northern Monk).

Putting whether i’ll invest aside for a moment, it’s nice to see more established businesses pursue crowdfunding. Fashion seems particularly suited for crowdfunding (telligible nature, customer-centric, etc), so I hope this is one of many fashion campaigns.

2 Likes

Quick update:

Zazu, the african neobanking startup, have launched their campaign.

Innis and Gunn, the craft brewer, look like they’ll be raising on Seedrs soon.

4 Likes