MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback šŸŽŸ

We agree & weā€™re working on it :woman_factory_worker:

Itā€™s worth mentioning that Google / Apple Pay let you top up at the weekend, although thereā€™s a lifetime cap of Ā£1,000 on those top ups at the moment and the marketā€™s shut.

3 Likes

Just talked to one of them and got confirmatiom that money is now credited to his FT account. He is happy now with quick resolution and also learnt how to contact support team.

He is now transferring more money so that he can buy some shares today. He asked me if the new transfer , he is initiating now, would arrive today before LSE close or not. Based on assumption that it was first transaction where things may have messed up but subsequent transfer should be smooth and money should arrive in his FT account within 3 hours. Is it correct ?
Also one question: when we chat with FT team on live help, why there is no notification on our Phone when someone from FT team response ? Whenever I chat with Chip or Revolut team , I always get a notification but on FT as well as JaJa credit card, I have the same issue. Any idea if there is a local permission issue or FT app doesnā€™t support this ?

Very true, weekends donā€™t matter so much as you canā€™t buy anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you going to reveal any free shares this week as Victor mentioned?
Also, are you planning to send us any new refferal links?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear :grinning:

If theyā€™re making a bank transfer then those take 4 hours to arrive, between 8am - 4pm on weekdays. If theyā€™re using Apple / Google Pay then the transfer will arrive within 2 hours, 24/7. Weā€™ve shared some more details here.

You should definitely get notifications for replies on the iOS, after a short delay. If youā€™re on Android, have the latest version of the app & have notifications for the Freetrade app enabled but donā€™t receive them for replies, could you please drop us a message & weā€™ll look into that for you?

1 Like

Yes. I am on Android and got latest updated version 23rd July. I will DM you

@Freetrade_Team1 @Viktor
Just to update that 2 of my friends payment issue has been sorted out. One of them was using a payment
App ā€œpingitā€ which put " character beginning and at the end of the payment reference number. I believe it may have caused issue with FT automatically payment process. However I believe in such case FT should have a process to check every day where any unallocated payment to be validated and contact the respective account holder.

For 3rd friend, it is unrelated issue as he used ā€œRevolutā€ which is non supported bank account on FT . He got this message today ftom FT.

Now I fully understand the logic behind controlled referral scheme rather than a common link which people can use on mass level. In all of these cases, we as FT investors (using referral link) providing full support to the new FT users in the onboarding process which could have been otherwise nightmare for them as well for FT from brand perspective (as there are still some hiccups in this process and FT wouldnā€™t have that much man power to handle such a huge volume of queries /issues). This new individual level referral scheme is aligned everyoneā€™s interest :-). Whoever thought of this unusual proposal really deserves a pat on the back:-)

10 Likes

Is there a defined date when the free shares get revealed? :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this! The signup flow is going to improve as we go, but simultaneously, thereā€™s nothing quite like a friend explaining what Freetrade is for and helping people through the signup.

Whoever thought of this unusual proposal really deserves a pat on the back:-)

You are very kind, although I donā€™t think itā€™s unusual! :blush:

Thanks also for the details of the funding issues. :pray:

2 Likes

Weā€™ll be starting allocating the real shares to a handful of accounts in the next few days. If all goes well, more will follow until we fully catch up and everyone has their free shares!

4 Likes

To be honest all the referral links, I have used until now, have got common link or common reference number. This is the first case where I came across unique link for each referralā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to but still says iā€™ll find out in a few weeks. Checked ISA and GIA

Edit: the free share pending has totally vanished from the page

Iā€™m assuming that this was ā€œIn appā€?

So, your queued ā€œFree Shareā€ have disappeared from your portfolio view?

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s been pending in the investments section and it was there when I went to check what Iā€™d got but now itā€™s vanished

Have you checked your portfolio in the basic account, to see if you have any new shares?

Yes. Nothing. Checked the activity feeds and the portfolio values as well

Hmm, ok - maybe there is a delay in receiving the message and the free share showing up in your portfolio.

Exciting, anyway :grinning:

We allocated it, you should see it soon. :+1: Thatā€™s why we are doing this gradually, itā€™s good figure out these unexpected issues while on a small scale.

3 Likes

Yep just had the allocation pop up, tapping took me to the ISA (Should probably go to the GIA) and canā€™t see anything anywhere currently, but one of the free shares has dissapeared from the queue as expected.

Correction - I can see the share purchase in the activity feed on the GIA, but not in the portfolio.

Got dominos :pizza: - although I thought the minimum value share would be Ā£3?

1 Like