MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback 🎟

Hi Ethan,

As a knock-on effect of yesterday’s GCP outage, not all of yesterday’s Freeshare orders were completed before the market closed.

We’re submitting these today, so keep an eye out this afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, Simon.

I will keep my eyes peeled this afternoon :eyes:

EDIT: Just got PayPoint. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

When are the Free shares revealed? I read somewhere it’s every Wednesday. Is it still and if yes, is it at a set time?

It’s still every Wednesday as usual. You should see them coming through in the afternoon. Ping us on chat if any questions.

I take it there was a free share reveal last night ? I had one queued, which is still queued.

Hi :wave: Did we reveal it for you?

Hi :wave:

A quick update on free share reveal this week - we are aiming to reveal them tomorrow this week instead of today.

I’ll keep you posted.

Is that because of a roll out of new shares tomorrow? @RenataL :wink:

2 Likes

Yes it just came a day later :grinning:

1 Like

The cat is out of the bag :sweat_smile:: 250 new US stocks have just dropped on your app 🚁 - #51 by Bombastic_Bear

9 Likes

Do free shares still hatch on Wednesday? :hatching_chick:

How many free shares can I get at most referring friends? I had a friend signed up and the share is pending, but I received another link. I thought only one was allowed (Someone on the forum said), is this a bug or I can invite more then one friend?

You can invite as many as you want.

1 Like

I don’t remember where but I saw someone from free trade saying only one was possible. Maybe I saw it wrong or it changed, anyway many thanks.

It’s one friend per link.

If you have received another link, then another friend can sign via that new link.

You may have spotted our teaser the other day:

Ready for something new?

18 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

Today we’re launching a new improved way to refer friends and earn free shares! :tada:

You can now generate as many referral links as you want and invite friends to Freetrade. No more waiting on new invites!

To refer a friend, tap on the Free share button on the Portfolio screen and send a unique referral link to a friend. :tickets:

Each link is still one-time use, but you can create as many as you want.

To refer more friends, simply create a new referral link straight in your app.

Read more on the blog:

I also want to stress that this is not the final version of the Freeshare 2.0, we’re still working on multi-use links and improved tracking.

We shipped this update to make it easier to refer while we’re working on multi-links.

To access this improved feature, make sure to update your app to the latest version.

Let me know your thoughts! :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

What’s the latest version? As it doesn’t work for me yet, though there are no app updates today. (I’m on 3.2.5 iOS from yesterday )

Same on Android, I think I have the latest version (1.0.13298) from yesterday and I cannot see this feature

The latest version is 3.2.5 on iOS and 1.0.13298 on Android.

If it’s still not available, best to try reinstalling the app. Shouldn’t be the case for everyone though.