MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback 🎟

What’s the reason for having a single use code? I’ve not seen it with any other referral program. It was inconvenient for Freetrade to manage it and the user to keep on sending one code per person. You’ve fixed the former with this update. How about making the user’s experience simple too by having a single code multiple use?

2 Likes

I received your message in app @RenataL but the In app support are suggesting we still have to request codes. All very confusing. Not sure how I get new codes.

Just drawing comparisons to trading 212. I signed up last night and received my freeshare same day.

Multi-use links are coming too! We shipped this update to make it easier to refer while we’re working on multi-links.

4 Likes

Thanks @RenataL! It’s long overdue.

Thanks for flagging, I have spoken to the support team to make sure that the message is more clear - you can now create the new referral link yourself in-app.

Make sure you have the latest version of the app to access this functionality.

We are definitely working on making the referral program better in the next coming weeks!

I really like the tracking! Especially that it shows previously generated links. Not sure how relevant it will be with reusable links, but still cool. I guess this is like Freeshare 1.5

3 Likes

Thanks @zaccharles ! That’s what we call it internally. :grin:

2 Likes

I didn’t need to reinstall just needed to wait a bit for it (I assume) to refresh and fetch new UI data?

One thing I noticed I don’t seem to be able to copy older invite links so I have a bunch of unused ones from the previous free share way of doing it I guess (I could manually type them I suppose, bit of a pain :smile:)

Indeed you won’t be able to copy the old invites, but you can create new ones. :slightly_smiling_face: We’re working on clearing out the old unused invites in the meantime.

2 Likes

Will it always show the free share you generate underneath or are you working on a better way to display the links when it’s generated?

We will work on improving the referral tracking when we launch the multi-use link.

1 Like

Is there a way to keep the CTA only in the profile page? It feels a bit intrusive being on the homepage / portfolio

1 Like

Hey Jonny, we’ll consider placing it differently for Plus members.

Ha could tempt me to switch :wink:

1 Like

As a user the placing of the Free shares icon isn’t too appealing, but equally isn’t that annoying.

As an investor… fantastic initiative. Excellent work team. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could be good if it were possible to copy an unused free share link instead of making a new link? I guess it doesn’t matter to much, just less noise in the tracking.

6 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

Your new multi-use referral link has finally arrived. :tada:

No more sending one-time-use referral links to every friend you want to refer to Freetrade.

To get your new link, make sure to update your app to the latest version:
iOS: 3.2.8
Android: 1.0.13966

And be sure to share if far and wide. :wink:

Let us know your thoughts!

10 Likes

Now if only I had friends :joy:

8 Likes

I see one potential issue. The link leaks my first name. Perhaps that’s to late to change, a lot of people don’t use their real names online to reduce data harvesting.

Just thought I’d mention

8 Likes

This is great but the link includes my first name. Not sure I’m comfortable with that. Any reason why it’s done this way?

2 Likes