Megathread: Freetrade Desktop/Web Beta Testing

Look like they doing a Dragon Ball Z Cliffhanger - “Next time in Dragon Ball Z…”

1 Like

Last thing I would expect is web version to be a paid service. I see that as an essential service and not a luxury.

15 Likes

Agreed, i doubt freetrade are thinking about making it premium only as its a basic feature every other broker has. although i do want them to start making money at some point. Making it free allows them to advertise Freetrade more widely as a service rather than an app, it just depends on how they implement it.

4 Likes

agreed and I dont think it will be, they just rolling out to Premium first I think

1 Like

Let`s hope its less glitchy than the app.

Never had a glitch using the app in over two years

7 Likes

Agreed, this isn’t the thread to discuss it, but I’d be interested to know what glitches you’ve been having as I’ve never had any. Do you want to start a new thread and drop a link to it here?

2 Likes

Do you not get the “get your free share” full screen ad that we all got when joining. I`ve been a Plus user since last august and its telling me to complete US tax and top up for a free share. Everytime i swap between GIA and ISA i get lots of these full screen ads. Also very slow to update prices until i restart. Must just be me having all this problems
Btw i contacted freetrade in app but no fix yet

I find the FT apps biggest strength is that it is so smooth and simple. Personally, I have never had a glitch, the odd ad yes but never glitches that I can think of.

5 Likes

I get that full screen “get your free share” issue same as @Daven
On login and switching accounts, been meaning to ask support about it as it appears to be a genuine bug.

I’ve also seen the issue with prices not updating and needing an app restart, though it’s fairly rare, not enough for me to be too bothered about it, but it is there.
I believe this is probably more a network or OS issue, too much to explain here.

2 Likes

And to get the thread back on topic

Looking forward to the website release, it should hopefully give more flexibility/ease to implement some of the requested features still outstanding, as I can imagine some features would be more difficult to implement into the mobile app.

I’d also make a best guess the website might become the initial place/testing for some new features (with some being shown in the screenshots)
It’ll be easier and quicker to fine tune, get feedback and fix last minute issues for the website than deploy new builds of the app out.

6 Likes

Reported that issue to support last week haven’t heard back

2 Likes

No what I am saying is I have not found this. Nothing more or less and used the word “personally” without mentioning you. Quite how you came to that conclusion I do not understand :slight_smile: The best way to work out a problem is to hear all views and then you can see how big/wide the issue is.

3 Likes

See ☑ [Feature Request 🔧] Desktop/Web Interface