Napster - NAPS - Share Chat

Same thing with me.

I messaged freetrade themselves but all I got was a link that didn’t work, next message then sent me a link explaining consolidation, then a message saying
'Freetrade doesn’t provide investment advice and you should make your own decisions or seek independent advice.

We aren’t able to give any comment on speculation around stocks - we can only give the information that we have been given by Napster and act accordingly to any corporate actions.

Pricing changes can happen after corporate actions - this can be for a number of factors, including the amount of shares distributed changing.’

I didn’t get any more replies as none of that was what I was asking I knew they had consolidated 750 into one, but no one seems to know what’s going on now!!!
I messaged again ‘I’m not asking your financial opinion but can you confirm if they are moving to the U.S?’ But no reply. Freetrade don’t even seem to know what’s going on which is not comforting at all.

Hi @Prestigedawn

Freetrade’s job, as your broker, is to execute your orders and inform you of corporate actions (dividend etc). You invested in a really tiny speculative penny stock who have done something really weird and not communicated their plans well. It isn’t a brokers responsibility to know what’s going on with every stock in the market I’m afraid.

Why couldn’t you just say that when I emailed you???

1 Like

Hey! I’m not an employee, sorry. Just took a selfie when I was at their office of a meet up.

It’s a real pickle when comaknies are terrible with their communication. It happens more the smaller the companies - there are plenty of good gains to be had without messing with penny stocks. Ford was 150% for 2021.

Ooooooh OK. Apologies I thought you were staff lol. Always believed buying shares is no worse than putting a bet on a horse with ladbrokes. I think I’m still in the land of fairies and goblins thinking it could still happen with Napster though but hey even the 100 to 1 horse wins sometimes.
Napster snapped up by UK tech firm MelodyVR in £53m deal | The Northern Echo

Interesting reads x

1 Like

I’m confused… I had 4,600 shares. Now that they’ve been converted etc, I’m now left with 6 at a price of £12 total… if each share is being valued at 1p, and for each 750 shares you’re given 1 share, then surely I’d have far more worth than 12 measly pound coins? Unless I’m missing something? If this was the case I’d have cashed out £31 a couple weeks ago when everyone was selling.

Yep neither.

@freetradeteam we do actually need to know since disposal of the fractionals is taxable.

Thanks

Same! lots of rumours and stories but no one seems to have a straight answer. Even Freetade themselves are in the dark. I think this may be a VERY long waiting game :frowning: but wish I’d sold just before this merge.

Hi. Just to let you know that we are working on a communication about this which will hopefully clarify things.

6 Likes

Many thanks it is appreciated.

2 Likes

Good morning Rajan07 was wondering if there was any kind of ETA on that napster info as we all just hanging here waiting.

Good Afternoon. Thanks for the question, our team are working on it. In the meantime, please feel free to contact hello@freetrade.io - they’re ready to answer queries on this having checked. Hope this helps.

this was the response I got when reaching out for anyone wanting to know what happens to any cash they are owed due to having a fractional amount left over after the consolidation.

TL;DR - you are not getting any cash entitlement until the new shares are listed on an exchange and your fractional holding is sold.

1 Like

How much longer do we have to wait before we get to know anything, can’t buy or sell.
Can somebody tell me?

2 Likes

So it appears we’re getting $6 a share and possibly some crypto. I pretty much break even, but it’s a bit of a letdown to be bought out.

Napster scammed us all. They sold us their shares and used that money to advance the company and then shut us out completely. They got to this position they’re at now by ripping us off. Let’s start a movement to make sure these guys fail! They’re planning on selling nfts which is a money scam and also a coin… they probably plan to sell millions or coins and shut it down like they did to us. Let’s make sure they go bankrupt.

1 Like

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone can help me as I am slightly confused about my last message.Initially I was given around $6 per share from the looks of it, similar to what luke1 said and they said payment would follow in form of tokens or crypto. However I now have a message saying that based on my fractional entitlement of 0.28133333 shares, I will receive a follow up cost of £1.41 so it looks like I get no crypto? I am trying to look online for an article that explains this in more laymans terms but struggling to do so.

The second amount is your fractional amount from the initial takeover distribution. The first amount was for your whole consolidated shareholding. So if you held 800 shares in Napster Group you would have received the $6 for one share in NM Inc (750 to 1) and 0.0667 from your remaining 50. The full takeover terms are as follows:

Napster Music Inc has announced that it has received details of a takeover offer from Algorand. This offer replaces the previously announced merger event with Algorand Holdco I Inc and Algorand Holdco II Inc.

Under the terms of the offer, Algorand is offering to buy all of the shares it does not currently own for USD6.065 in cash in exchange for each share held.

In addition to the cash payment, (subject to any claims by the buyer), you will receive the following:

• pro-rated amount of the remaining escrow fund and the shareholder rep fund after 12 months (currently USD5.7million); and
  • pro-rated amount of 6.875% of the total supply of the Napster tokens

Please note, if the tokens are not made available within 12 months from the closing date, 30 March 2022, then you will receive a pro-rata share of USD25mn. If the tokens are launched within 12 months of 30 March 2022, then a cash alternative will not be available.

So the escrow and crypto distribution are not due for another 9 months. The escrow is worth c. $1 per share and the cash alternative is around $5.50. I don’t assign any value to the crypto tokens, however I’ve asked :freetrade: and they have confirmed they would likely realise them in cash.

2 Likes

Nearly 12 months since 30 March '22 folks, nearly crunch time for some kind of pay off I guess from the above?

1 Like