NI Number Issue Cant Open Account

Hi

I have been trying to setup an account with Freetrade but its saying that my NI number has already been used. I originally setup an account a while ago and then was logged out after an update. I haven’t been able to access the account since.

I need to delete the old account and make a new one.

Was the other account under another email address? Have you tried logging in with the same email address as before?

I have a different NI question: is it possible to set up an account without an NI number?
Currently the government has stopped issuing NI numbers to newly settled EU citizens until summer next year.

1 Like

Hi there, basically I set up an account in error. then a freind gave me a affiliate link to receive a free share so I attempted to set up a new account. I need the old account deleting.

No, you need one. Also, I am not aware of this being anti-immigration, it’s due to coronavirus and even respective British applicants cannot get one currently.

Yeah I know that wasn’t meant to be my implication.

Thanks for the response

2 Likes

How do you set up an account in error? It sounds like the ‘error’ is that you set up a legit account, before your friend gave you a link to receive a free share a little later on.

1 Like

I don’t think deleting an existing account and creating a new one is a valid use of the referral scheme. if it was why would anybody pay for shares? :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hello there!

It’s Myrna here from the Freetrade Customer Onboarding team.

Would you mind sending us a message at hello@freetrade.io and we will be happy to assist you with accessing your account :smiley:

All the best,
Myrna

2 Likes