I use PayPal extensively for businesses. I’d love to buy shares in them.
Feel free to create a new #investing-and-markets topic & share your thoughts about Paypal’s future with the community
Any thoughts on Paypal?
I want to invest towards our cashless future (already hold the Chinese tech giants). Paypal looks solid, but there’s lots of competition here - Stripe, Square, Adyen. I’d rather invest in a payment processor than a credit card company like Visa.
2c here on $PYPL and I’m not expert in this area or any field—just a user like you:
- Crowded market, lots of competition: eBay, which spun off PayPal, is leaving PayPal in favour of Adyen in 2021. Adyen was founded in 2006. PayPal was created as a result of Elon Musk’s X . com and Peter Thiel’s Confinity in the 90s.
- Stay relevant—innovate: consumers are winning, but providers have to fight hard, it’s innovate or become irrelevant. Think what Shopify did to eBay—it’s now only behind Amazon, apparently. What has PayPal done since the 1990s pay by email? They have iZettle payments devices. But that market there is crowded too. They have Uber and other partnerships.
- User engagement, growth: apparently those are doing ok, check the historical financial reports.
- International reach and userbase, so it’s not deriving most of its revenue from one place, unlike e.g. Square.
The stock has been up but it’s up to your investment style—what are you trying to get out of it?
I’d recommend studying the field they are in, study the company. Old fashioned homework.
This is not an investment advice Not a holder of $PYPL
- The loss weighed on PayPal’s third-quarter earnings, and the company said it would change its accounting methodology to exclude the impact of such investments in the future.
Looks like PayPal will announce it’s accepting crypto payments
Thoughts on pick this stock up right now at this price?
PYPL is a solid long term position and it’s at a discounted evaluation right now so makes sense to buy in - the question is when.
I’m buying in just before moments of resistment while the stock falls in the expectation that when it reaches a low enough price triggers will be made and it’ll shoot up before I can catch it. That way I don’t miss the train.
This is not investment advice.
This is one for the reason I want to get in these big financial positions aren’t going anywhere.
How low in your opinion do you think this will go?
Where would you say there is support for the price
Impossible to know for sure but it looks like it’s reaching the end of the down turn if you look at the day over day reduction it’s been shrinking.
I’d cautiously say another couple days but it’d just take another big shift in capital for it to have a second slump while the stocks in the vulnerable position.
Edit: so far I have bought in small on 27th, big from 29th - 3rd
This is not investment advice.
PayPal lost eBay income this year which was a substantial amount.
Still surprised its hit the stock so much, the transition was first announced in 2015 with eBay starting to properly moving away in 2018.
I only went to eBay payments about 5 months ago and I was one of the first
Has anyone got any further points on this stock as it’s recovery seems to be dragging out.
Looks like everyone other than Klarna are destined to become a feature not a stand alone company.
How is Klarna different?
Klarna we’re valued at $45bn last round 3 months ago. If/when they IPO they’ll be $60bn which is probably too big to justify a takeover. If you’re paying big money there is limited headroom to improve the valuation.