Pershing Square Tontine Holdings - PSTH - Share Chat

After this Bill also talked about the “conglomerate discount” and controlling vs. non-controlling interests. To me this is looking very likely its going to be a spinoff now, especially if one is available at a decent price.

2 Likes

With the news of the delay, I feel more for the guy making the ‘Every day Bill Ackman adds a unique footlong until DA is announced’ meme on r/PSTH more than investors :joy:

This is todays (day 27):

2 Likes

Hahaha the monstrosity continues, he may need to use Jackie or the others next to BA otherwise it will be chaos :joy:

1 Like

In Bill we trust I suppose. Would rather he waited and found the right deal than rushed due to pressure

I mean…how many unique subs does US Subway have? I don’t think the UK version has that many already haha

1 Like

Had to actually search this, at this rate I think he may need to go international :smile: (as entertaining as it is, please not subway if BA or PSH people are on this forum)

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/subway-sandwiches-world_n_2023347?ri18n=true

1 Like

Some Good Friday hopium for you all.

2 Likes

I guess I won’t be needing to make an appointment then.

4 Likes

I really need to stop watching this stock :joy: I’m just hoping for a DA any DAy now :crossed_fingers:

Found this on PSTH subreddit:

Bullish Indicators:

1. Overall positive tone of “No Q1 DA”, said they believed PSTH will be an “important contributor to our shorter-term and long-term performance”
  2. Super late announcement about “No Q1 DA” seems to imply that a deal was close, but is just taking longer than expected.
  3. No more updates from the PSTH team until DA, it wouldn’t make sense to say that if a deal is still far off
  4. Bill said he is spending “effectively all” of his time on PSTH since the February PSH meeting
  5. Increased cash burn in recent months, seems to indicate they are close to finishing the deal
  6. Lately no sale of shares was reported, but Cacti Asset Management opened a position.
  7. SEC is planning to curtail SPAC market. This will likely happen in Q3 or after. This puts pressure on the companies in negotiation to come to a conclusion.
  8. I’ve come to see the PSTH II filing as extremely bullish. I was originally concerned that Billy wasn’t liking the market valuations but a second SPAC suggests he’s found more that one desirable deal.
  9. Bill and team needs a good investment and shares atleast $23/24 because they are paid in warrants not investor shares.

Bearish Indicators

1. Bill missed Q1 DA soft deadline
  2. Possible that a deal fell through recently, which would explain the late notice about no DA
  3. If deal fell through, legal costs would still be higher, possibly explaining increased cash burn
  4. IPO’s are not as unwanted as Bill originally anticipated, more competition for taking companies public
  5. “It’s out of our control” about when they will announce
3 Likes

Flipkart is out

1 Like

Sigh of relief

Edit: huge sigh of relief.

3 Likes

Is today our lucky Wednesday?

image(PSH Press Release History)

I opened this up to ask the same thing. Starlink DA would make my day, week, month, year and decade🤞

1 Like

Looks like the website has been updated with a new team member. Steve Milankov - PSTH Corporate Secretary

https://pstontine.com/the-team/

1 Like

More Starlink DD:

1 Like

I’d be so excited for starlink, and possibly just as excited for CashCow’s tattoo :joy:

4 Likes

Not Plaid either.

As far as plans to take Plaid public, Perret said there’s “nothing on the near-term horizon.” “But long term, that is certainly the direction we’d like to go,” he said.

2 Likes

Grab is also off the table

I wonder if this is the unicorn that Twitter user was on about

1 Like

I’m glad about that one, but I think we’ve now ran out of unicorns (not a sentence I thought I’d ever write. The only US possibility left is Epic which we’d all like but I feel like are really not in a rush (hugely EBITDA and probably cash flow positive) and have the added complication of a significant Tencent stake. Thats why imo they can just wait until the IPO to get the highest possible valuation rather than compromise now. Eg: Sky suggested $28b last month, and Unity is currently $29b. Why SPAC at $30b when you’re probably worth double that in year after a roadshow thats hyped to the moon.

1 Like