Profit/loss is different...!

I have an ISA account and so far I have transferred £60,000 in the past 3 years into my ISA account… (3x20k = 60k).
On the top left it showing that i have now £61k in my account which is 1k profit so far made on the ISA Account. But on the profit/loss section it is showing that I have £3k profit in my account…!!
So l am confused now…!!
Did I make £1k profit?
Ordo I have £3k profit?
Thank you
Regards
Ravel

1 Like

Hi @Ravel321 - what time period are you looking at for the profit/loss that gives you £3K? I’m just trying to guess here, but it might be that you gained £3K in a shorter time period due to market movements, but overall are up £1K.

Feel free to DM me if you want to share more details in private.

Best,
Alex

4 Likes

Hi Alex
The profit of £3k is showing on the Max period, but on my investment showing £1k increase…!!
Does it mean if I sell all my shares I will get £61k cash or will I get £63k cash…???

To be honest I just ignore the P/L figure as I have no idea how it is worked out. On my ISA I have bought and sold but not withdrawn any cash, however the P/L figure bears no resemblance to the amount in / current value. Dividends / interest included / excluded? No clue.

I was going to write even after I sold like 8 stocks it still shows the same profit made on the max tab. I guess this will stick forger no matter what you sell etc.

My issue is that the stocks etc I’m left with am I still up? Or down now I toom the profit ones or do I need to manually csscluskte everything.

Sorry I always go back to ym grip about these stupid graphs of there was one thing out of everything freetrade are doing right now it would be graphs for me.

So we can see properly what’s happning with stamp dutys, fx fees, stocks only loss and profit not withdraw in and out and interest etc, divs tabs.

Maybe others only check their app once a month or week but I check multi times a day as I enjoy watching and looking and it gives me better insights as to what’s happning with markets, news, and everything else.

I’m also speaking about AVG vs FIFO

Waiting for @acamp ’s answer to @Ravel321. I am curious.

Morning - I think it will be easiest if you can reach out to customer service (via hello@freetrade.io) and they can look into the specific calculations here.

The total balance in your ISA will be closer to the cash you could withdraw if you were to sell everything down. I saw “closer” because there will be market movements and potentially FX fees/stamp duty that will impact the amount you would be left with in cash if you needed to sell.