Renewable Infrastructure Group - TRIG - Share Chat

As do I! :slight_smile:

The way I see it, if the market thinks (or if it has been published/announced) that a company/fund will see higher profits from the surge in power prices, then there will be more demand for the stock, driving up the price. Latecomers who only learn of this later (or think nobody knows this yet), wonā€™t benefit as much from those higher profits because they are now paying a premium for the stock.

Ok, thanks, that makes sense. I guess the trick is knowing whether you are a latecomer or not!?

The price to book value is 1.24 I think, so not undervalued as far as assets are concerned, but I wonder if that counts in future energy price rises? I guess we will see.

Sodā€™s law Iā€™ll up my holding and cold-fusion will come online!

1 Like

I watched a 5 month old YouTube video (the extent of my research!) which said they have locked in75% of energy prices to 2030 - therefore wonā€™t benefit as much from the current height prices.

2 Likes

Renewables Infrastructure Group buys stake in Hornsea One wind farm

6 Likes

fyi, TRIG are offering new ordinary shares via primarybid.

Bought this today as a hedge. I own Ā£BP Ā£SHEL and $XOM and wanted something a bit more green as a hedge. It was a mix up between this and Ā£UKW but this won as they also do solar power and are spread out across part of Europe.

4 Likes

Got mine today.

1 Like

Any reason for the recent rise this week. All my green shares companies are doing well recently.

Iā€™ve noticed the same thing. In times of uncertainty they tend to go up when others stocks go down.

1 Like

all buy orders are being rejected.

Everytime. I tried 7 times.

There havenā€™t been any trades since 13:30.

My guess is there isnā€™t anyone willing to sell at a price that Freetrade can accept or access. Give it some time and itā€™ll probably come back - maybe everyoneā€™s gone to lunch! :joy:

2 Likes

there was a selloff down to 125, and I had hoped to some then. Didnā€™t. What a pity :frowning: More waiting game going on, for me

And today down to 120 pennies. Any idea whatā€™s happening with them?

Wind fall tax and price cap threats

1 Like

There are a bunch of companies that have been benefiting from government subsidises and making hay while the sun shines (ok, bad joke) with the massive increases in wholesale energy prices. Many countries including the U.K. are looking at legislation to cap prices. Need to look at specifics as this does not apply to all generators.

3 Likes

It has gone from being 10% over nav to 10% under since 22nd September

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty interesting seeing both Trig and UKW struggling a bit recently. I no longer hold shares in either, but I thought they would outperform the broader market, shows you what I know!

6 Likes

This is exactly what you would expect when interest rates start to go up, bond yields change and caps are in the offing. On top of that look at the horrendous management take. There are better places to put your money.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve been discussing this on the other trust threads. Someone with more time than me would look at all the renewable trustsā€™ price fixes for the next year forecasts beyond 2025, revenue mix, current cost of capital (and sensitivities of it) and the discount to NAV to find a relative bargain thatā€™s been thrown out with the bath water right now.

Thatā€™s far too many residency tick boxes for me though :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is why I really donā€™t like government subsidies and market manipulation. Letā€™s hope companies didnā€™t start building their future on the expectation of government intervention

2 Likes