[Request] ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust PLC (TLEI)

Can this please be added?

title updated

1 Like

Bump - great to get this added

This may qualify as a ‘complex product’ which can’t be added until a suitability check is in place. It also looks like TLEI is in USD. FT isn’t yet able to add USD LSE stocks but there is a GBX version, TLEP.

It’s an interesting trust though because it’s different from most of the other renewable energy infrastructure options out there due to its focus on Asia.

Not my cup of tea currently due to the premium, hefty fee, short track record and relatively high risk. It’s also concentrated in solar and two countries, India and the Philippines.

But I could be tempted if it branches out into more countries and diversifies into transmission infrastructure, energy storage etc as intended. I’ll wait and see until the capital’s fully deployed.

Yeah, should definitely be TLEP. Thanks for flagging.

I really don’t think this should be considered a complex vehicle. It is listed in the Premium Main Market and a lot simpler than some vehicles already added.

The energy transition required in Asia is substantial. Some good coverage from David Stevenson here.

They are struggling at add the simple requests atm wo goof luck

1 Like

Bump

This is now called Asian energy impact trust.
And is a disaster.
Bad luck for those who bought. The managers turned out to be a right dodgy bunch (https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4122209/whistleblower-implies-thomaslloyd-energy-impact-board-misled-manager) The problem was/is inflation. The cost of building the indian solar array was far greater than budgeted.
The new managers are octopus who are very experienced. Shares are still suspended when available again the price will almost inevitably fall future than it should. Of course i have no idea what that number is! Good luck to those who think they do!!

I assume you did!?

1 Like

Yeah, dodged a bullet. Thankfully, I’m not invested in any of the green infrastructure trusts. It’ll likely stay that way but some are looking more tempting.

I just don’t want/need the income and I figure my capital is better deployed in equities for the long run.

I have just posted something on the renewables sector which may interest you.

1 Like

I am always looking at total returns.
So a high and sustainable dividend plus a discount that i think will narrow substantially is the best investment at the moment. As i think the outcome is more predictable. With dividends of 9% plus you are being paid to wait for discounts to narrow. And possibly an increase in NAV!