Revolut Trading 🦅

95% of perks are simply not relevant to me or the redemption period is too short; they cycle between 7-8 different retailers or so. Pret 50% cashback up to £4 is good, but you have to be quick.

Psychologically though, this gamification actually does make me use the card more often, I shamefully admit. But the appeal wears off.

1 Like

Speaking of perks. Flux are trying to embed loyality cards in Monzo’s API.

The result is pretty cool however, I reckon the adoption by retailers will be super slow!

1 Like

Flux could be a huge change, real value would come from retailers such as Tesco and Sainsbury’s adopting it and that may well take a while.

1 Like

Completely agree. Very unlikely seeing the success & adoption of the club card etc schemes though :cry:

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Revolut tube ads (inspired by Spotify)

Good luck to Revolut to getting an Android app out then!!

1 Like

I just continue to roll my eyes :roll_eyes: and stay away from their thing.

5 Likes

Installed user base of 4m across geographies is a good foundation for when they turn the commission freetrading tap on. Hopefully by then Freetrade will have a higher public profile and at least half a million customers:

1 Like

Those final touches have been going on a while already

1 Like

Might just be me, but it seems a little odd to put double quotes around “Trading” in that last tweet.

4 Likes

I’d just noticed that. So it’s not really trading then?

And it’s back to being months again

3 Likes

I think it’s because they may stick to the original name of Revolut Wealth

Basically more details of things we already knew, but declining to give a comment always makes it look like it’s true

10 Likes

Not a good press day for them

10 Likes

2 posts were split to a new message: Revolut Trading thread

They’re clearly going for the get-big-as-soon-as-you-can approach to business. To be frank there is a place for it and if measured in terms of signups and country presence they’re winning at some level. Presumably the KYC lapses and working practice issues will be addressed over time but agree it’s not a good look. However, I don’t think most people follow Fintech news to the level we do and it won’t resonate. After all, many of us buy from Amazon and Apple who have “interesting” work practices. Also, whatever people might think of Chad, it does all seem like a pile-on at the moment.

4 Likes

There’s a lot coming out now, but it feels like there’s more to come…

https://twitter.com/jamesliamcook/status/1101025364107763712?s=21

7 Likes

I’m totally shocked and surprised at these revelations.

5 Likes

Pun intended. Because it’s perfect.

1 Like

Response from Revolut. Interesting comments which are mostly negative.

4 Likes