Rivian Automotive - RIVN - Share Chat

The largest U.S. IPO since Facebook in 2012 is now live on your app! :freetrade:

5 Likes

Gonna wait a bit for it to settle before jumping in :eyes:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like its on its way down

3 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone else think these vans look ghastly? :roll_eyes:

Seems like no style.

1 Like

Hype Hype… I like the fact you can tow it and re-charge.

2 Likes

Rivian have done some great marketing over the last few weeks/months with all of the YouTube reviews

3 Likes

2 Likes

Settling at 100$

Wow, madness. Who’s actually buying this? I just don’t get it.

Amazon and Ford :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I can’t fathom how a company with close to zilch revenue and only just started selling cars can have a value more than Honda and Ford.

How many years of growth is factored in for that to even be close to a sensible valuation

4 Likes

Front end is weird, the rest of it looks OK. I don’t think EV designers have figured out what to put at the front when they don’t need a grill :rofl:

Still looks way better than a cybertruck

One feature I thought was well cool, as it has independent motors you can actually have wheels on one side reversing and wheels on the other side going forwards. I reckon that could get you out of a tricky spot off road.

5 Likes

:eyes:

The cybertruck looks like a stretched diamond :gem: and we all know Elon has diamond hands :gem::palms_up_together:

1 Like

I don’t like the look of the Rivian at all. It looks like a cross between a bog standard pickup and a tiny electric city car. Cybertruck looks like it’s designed to be driven on mars or for a sci-fi movie that’s set in the year 2222 (the new 2020 - I’m old enough to remember that being “the future”).

2 Likes

The Rivian was designed to appeal to the existing pickup market, and for the most part it does. If you look at pickups of old, too, with their round ugly headlights (I love that look), they were going for the future of that look, not futuristic. It’s a gamble, especially with Ford’s F150 electric in the wings!

1 Like

I am afraid with a sensible question like that you are just tilting at windmills.

1 Like

I don’t agree with the valuation on Rivian but to present the bear case here

• 50,000 pre orders
  • No pesky legacy pension or unions
  • Straight to market with no dealer network
  • 100,000 orders for commercial vans from Amazon
  • The whole EV market is ‘fully’ valued
3 Likes

Yeah, A low budget sci fi movie made in the 80’s :rofl: That went straight to VHS :rofl:

The only thing I’m not sure on with the Rivian is the front end. Would probably look better with a bull bar, although that’s not very pedestrian friendly

1 Like