Screener for uk stocks ( Joel Greenblatt styleee)

There is another chat where a user did a review of Simply Wall St Simply Wall St. Tool for Selecting & Managing Stocks

There are three very similar firms, but they all work in slightly different ways. Stockopedia, Simply Wall St, and Genuine Impact.

Stockopedia:
Nice scoring system, clean interface, lots of coverage, very pricey. I don’t like the pricing model. I’ve spent the least time with these guys.

Simply Wall St:
Each security is ranked against a “score card” e.g. is your PE ratio higher than X. Very beautiful interface, I personally like the spider graphs but people do find them hit or miss. fund coverage is extremely poor and doesn’t add value. App is terrible, not sure why they tried to make it like Tinder? I’ve used these guys a lot for trade ideas but now I’ve switch to the third one.

Genuine Impact:
Extremely new and looks like a beta, app only, so far everything has been free with no limits, they do ranking more like stockopedia however these guys make everything relative and they use that to force a ranking to show what is scoring better. The filtering is extremely basic right now and I’ve emailed them asking for more control (to basically do what you are asking, I only care about value so show me that ranking.) These guys also rank funds which is extremely useful for me too!

In short, I have high hopes that Genuine Impact will do what you are looking for! As I want that too! I’d recommend emailing them as they were pretty prompt when I asked about more screening options, it looks like a super small team (unless there are more people they haven’t put on their website?)

Failing all of that you can also use Google Sheets to hook into Google Finance and pull down the data you need all for free, however it only seems to really work with FTSE100 stocks, so it’s extremely limiting.

4 Likes