Sold shares - no cash - help

Hi I am new to Freetrade and sold some shares. It shows as sold but when I go to my account there is no sign of the money. I have a ā€˜market sell contract noteā€™ when I click on the bit that says ā€˜sellā€™ but thatā€™s it. What have I done wrong?

1 Like

If you click on the wallet in the bottom right what does it show on your account balance?

Hiya yes it does Ā£18.99! And I sold Ā£117 - so just canā€™t see where it went

Money from sold shares will go into your ā€œunsettled cashā€. This means you canā€™t withdraw it immediately (there is a 3 day process for the money to actually go from the exchange to FT from memory), but FT show it as available should you want to reinvest.

Click on the Account/wallet icon on the bottom right and you should be able to see the proceeds of your sale as Unsettled Cash.

3 Likes

I just sold some shares so I could do a screenshot to prove the point as you have, but my money has gone straight into my ā€œwithdrawableā€ total, so now Iā€™m getting all confused. LOLZ

2 Likes

Great got it thank you

1 Like

Great got it thank you!

1 Like

Well done FT :honeybee: hive mind! :clap:t2:
@weenie @tbutz

Good luck with your investing journey @Racheyrounds10 - feel free to ask any questions you have or have a read through the beginners thread Ask your beginners questions here šŸ£

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.