Didn't receive any free shares

Recommended to 3 friends a week ago. They all signed up from my link and started to invest. None of us got a free share.
Can i get some help? Thanks

Did they fill out the w - 8ben forms?

Hello. Yes they have because they all bought shares from US.

1 Like

Just found this on the forum, hope this helps

I signed up using my friend’s link, when will I get my free share?

If you and your friend have both funded your account with at least £1, you’ll both be eligible for a free share. We reveal your free share every Wednesday from 3 PM, but at the moment this will be spread over various days and weeks due to the very high number of them. Please wait at least 14 days before asking about your free share. Thank you!

1 Like

Ok thanks. Gonna wait some more :+1:

Ok so it’s been 23 days now and none of us recieved anything.
Also, i sold some shares on friday morning, it’s Wednesday now and i still didn’t recieve the money in my portfolio. Starting to get really annoyed by this app…

Do you mean you can’t withdraw the money, or that it’s not there at all?

I don’t want to withdraw. Just reinvest it. But it didn’t return in my Freetrade account after i sold the shares.

But its been 3 full working days since i sold those shares and still didn’t get the money back. I don’t want to withdraw that to my bank account but reinvest in something else

Can you post a photo of the sale contract to show the trade has executed? It seems odd it’s not showing in your account if the trade has executed.

OK so we can see the trade has been executed - and was it sold in an ISA or a GIA? And are you sure you’re checking in the right account to see the balance? (Just checking simple things first!)

It’s a GIA and yes I’m sure, it’s the only one i have. I bought the shares (the money left), then after a few minutes i changed my mind and i sold them all but the money didnt came back

Thats a piss take

Did you ever get your free share after? I just referred someone now they signed up and funded there account no freeshare notification popped up telling me i had a mystery share unlike last time when it was instantaneous?

No. I contacted them and they asked emails from referrals and proof and stuff so i just gave up. It wasn’t worth the hassle just to maybe recieve a 4£ share :-1:

1 Like

Im chasing it up now, why say theres no limit if after one referral it doesnt work, waiting on viktor to message me back now and ill have all that info for him such bs having to do this it should just work as advertised

That is very odd as they send the free shares out in a batch weekly I believe they said so instant doesn’t match what FT say. Maybe you were just lucky first time.

Not sure why you expect a boss to email you back about a share as that seems a bit above his pay grade. The app chat will sort it out for you no problems. You can refer as many people as you like and it seems the vast majority and especially members who have been on the forum for more than a month never seem to have any issues with the referral system even if a tad slow as advertised.

Ive sent him 2 messages i reply is all im looking for so i know whats going on, i dont wanna refer people for nothing its pointless and my sis in law was like “why did you lie” i didnt freetrade just didnt do what they advertised doesnt make me a liar but you see my point if im referring people and they aint getting the free share they aint happy

If thats the case is there a specific day i should wait for?