🚀 Spaaace ... The Final Frontier 🛰

I was thinking about that recently. It will be a cool step in humanity and quite eerie. Being born outside of our established formal boundaries.

4 Likes

We struggle enough with expatriates and refugees the non terra firma first citizen is a wild idea.

2 Likes

It would be amazing. Us being the generation that sees humanity become a multiplanetary species.
Will happen eventually, but it looks good for trying this fairly soon.

3 Likes

Totally agreed for about a minute then thought it would probably be claimed as US soil in any space station. Countries would probably claim the first as theirs for the honour like a sports person who suddenly becomes successful. It seems the problem is only if your poor you don’t get claimed so maybe this will be the opposite. :rofl:

The Blue origin law suit over the moon lander mission has failed so Space X can get back to work after being on hold for a few months. 2024 is simply never going to happen now.

2 Likes

Musk’s tweet reply made me lol

2 Likes

I can’t believe something as vitally important to us as a species as moon expeditions can be delayed by a corporate lawsuit.

2 Likes

This is wild right? Weather permitting Space X will launch 3 rockets from 2 launch sites within 4 dates.

Dec. 18 : Falcon 9 | Starlink | Vandenberg Space Force Base, Calif. | 09:24 UTC

Dec. 19 : Falcon 9 | Turksat 5B | Cape Canaveral, Fla. | 03:58 UTC

Dec. 21 : Falcon 9 | CRS 24 resupply mission | Kennedy Space Center, Florida | 10:06 UTC

3 Likes

Lapping the competition at rocket speed

2 Likes

Rumours are swirling that Jared Issacman is working on 3 more Space X flights including later this year for the highest orbit ever achieved and the first commercial space walk.

120m tall and when it launches will be the most power vehicle humans have ever created.

1 Like

This would be a despicable act if he was left hehind but at least Elon can come to the rescue

1 Like

This seems like it’s been a mis translation and misunderstanding. Russia have remove the U.S. flags from the Soyouz rockets & refused to fly a British satellite mission but other than fiery tweets and a spat with a former astronaut haven’t they said anything about abandoning the US astronaut. These messages from Roscosmos head Dmitry Rogozin’s Telegram & Twitter account says as much

https://twitter.com/rogozin/status/1502360174765432832?s=21

The translation for those that don’t speak Russian.

Russia is removing Western flags from its missiles, from which the Western media make a hysterical conclusion that the American astronaut will be left alive on the ISS.
We won’t leave him. Will Be Replaced.

It’s worth nothing that ISS is due to retired around 2030 with a US only replacement being designed at the moment. Roscosmos have said they have no plans to stay past 2024 or to work with the Americans on the replacement, favouring a Chinese space station.

Rogozin loves a bit of twitter trolling but I don’t think he understand the dynamic between Tom & Jerry.

2 Likes
1 Like

Credit

1 Like
1 Like

Now I know I’m being a awful person Santa but technically the first few Mercury mission were also with private citizens with the Glen & Lovell etc having to have resigned from the army / airforce.

That’s said it’s a huge achievement!

American launch vehicle company Astra Space reported its Q1 earnings results yesterday evening. EBITDA was in line with guidance at a loss of $47.5m, and comments made on the earnings call paint a bright future ahead. With plenty of launches coming up and the development of its other offerings that include space products and space services, I think the Astra Space share price could be set for lift off.

Disclaimer: I do not stand to profit in any way from sharing this article or the views I get. I am merely sharing this as an opinion to offer my insight to the stock whilst hoping to contribute to the discussion. These posts have been also been cleared by the mods.

1 Like

45 minutes of Space Elon giving another guided tour of the Starbase factory in Texas. It’s hard to believe that this is the same guy being an idiot in his dealings with Twitter. If you can get Twitter Elon out of your mind then it’s a real enjoyable watch.

3 Likes

I was watching this earlier and while I followed about 35% of many parts I had a mangled @CashCow quote in my mind “I like space Elon, not so much the other Elon’s”

Credit goes also to Everyday Astronaut who make great videos and prove you can make a successful YouTube career without click bait nonsense.

3 Likes