🚀 Spaaace ... The Final Frontier 🛰

There are going to be many things the crew of inspiration 4 are going to have to come to terms with after their trip. Gravity, celebrity & never having a view like this … when using the toilet! :earth_africa::toilet::poop:

1 Like

The Space X 3 day orbital flight is cheaper than the Virgin Galactic rocket glider to almost space. (Per minute).

Space X = $40m - $925 per min
Virgin = $450k - $3000 per min

Can anyone lend me $39,999,500?

1 Like

Updates for few space related companies.

3 Likes

https://interestingengineering.com/a-123000-mph-nuclear-rocket-could-reach-mars-in-only-one-month

New space engine in testing phase which could reach speeds of 123,000 mph.

1 Like

and for blue origins next trick … no it’s not another lawsuit it’s a PR stunt! They’re sending Nonagenarian (yes I had to Google that) William Shatner.

1 Like

It now seems less of a surprise that Blue Origin have struggled to get meaningful progress with New Glenn & BE4 engine.

3 Likes

You will be able to take a balloon ride to the stratosphere from 2024 for $50,000.
Although this company has already tried this once and failed.They are hoping for second time lucky.

1 Like

So the UK have started production on skynet the end is near peeps :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Get building your underground bunkers haha.

1 Like

2 Likes

DelightfulDarlingIncatern-size_restricted

A British Terminator skynet would be hilarious, I’m not sure the rest of the world would care. Even the newspaper of Bangkok has run a cartoon mocking the UK’s choice re the B word.

Fun fact - the UK is the only nation state to develop an orbital space program and then stop/give up. Ugh!

Here’s a great FT article SpaceX: how Elon Musk’s new rocket could transform the space race

2 Likes
4 Likes

Let the man speak!

So while Jeff is roaming around in his cowboy hat launching actors on a his penis shaped rocket & suing people …

Space X have been busy!

1 Like

:eyes:

As clickbait goes that’s pretty good* and the mocked up handset looks a bit like a cybertruck but it’s obviously not going to happen. I do wonder which will be the first handset manufacturer to integrate satellite constellation connectivity though!

When’s Apple going to do something with that cashpile? They could buy SpaceX (inc Starlink) many times over and make it an Apple exclusive feature! And then make Mars an Apple Exclusive planet!

*edit to add that I still didn’t click on it though!

3 Likes

Simply huge news.

Collab with Redwire and Boeing

2 Likes

Blue Origin will provide the space station’s “utility systems” and “core modules,” and plans to use its New Glenn rocket to launch Ocean Reef.

This would be the rocket they’ve not got of the drawing board powered by the BE-4 engine that are 4 years delayed and still not ready for testing.

Forgive me for thinking that this is just a fluff piece so that everyone forgets what a toxic environment Blue Origin have created. I have a lot of time for what Jeff has created with Amazon but Space is hard.

3 Likes

Still light on details as well. Who’s paying, because presumably this will be one of the most expensive privately funded projects in history. Future tenants?

1 Like

I hate that these kind of stories make me sound like a cynic when I really want to be feel like a 9 year old starting at the stars in awe. Maybe Jeff is going to split his time between the space station and his super yacht so he pays even less tax - you can pay tax ina country if you’re rarely in it!

2 Likes