Taylor Wimpey - TW - Share Chat

For southern England £370k would seem cheap. A lot of 3 bed properties are £400-£550k.

2 Likes

Yep I’m in the south east, no London train connection and 3 bed semis start for £365,000.

2 Likes

I don’t want to alarm anybody…but up over the last 7 days…I hope it finds a way to keep trickling up

Absolutely right about site managers. I live in Lincolnshire and drive a mixer for Breedons. We currently have most of the big names building around Sleaford where I operate from. We also have a few local biggish building firms. I would buy TW in the town as theirs are far superior in build quality to say Persimmons site. We have Lindums too, and I would only buy a house from them if the site was managed by 2 specific site managera, otherwise I wouldn’t touch them…

2 Likes

Even with all the talk of house prices loosing some of their profit they have made this year etc this seems to be creeping back slowly

1 Like

People will still want to own a home…

Taylor wimpey RNS

2 Likes

Shares in UK housebuilders have had a rough time this year. Taylor Wimpey shares have been no exception, with its stock down more than 40%. Nonetheless, a decline in its share price has presented an attractive dividend yield of 9%, which could mean a buying opportunity for my portfolio.

Would love to discuss this with anyone surrounding the stock’s potential downside and dividend moving forward!

1 Like

Always bullish on the long term prospects for house builders however I feel there is still some downward pressure for the SP still to come in the short term when trading updates and results are issued.

Once some of that has washed through I’ll look to start building positions in TW, BDEV etc again.

2 Likes

Iv paused buying anymore currently. My average sits around £1.30. I have sufficient of these for now. Im planning long term hold and I suspect that long term these will do fine but I’m expecting to be down for the next 12months atleast.

2 Likes

Where do you reckon the bottom will be? I think most of the downside risk has already been priced in. May be a little late to go in once the housing rebound starts given that the stock market always trades based on speculation.

1 Like

Do you reckon its dividend will remain relatively strong for the next 12 months for you to hedge against the temporary losses?

1 Like

Tbh I’m not thinking about next 12months. I’m thinking more about the next 10years. I’m expecting over that time will be ok tho :-).

2 Likes

I guess that’s the million dollar question!

I don’t disagree with alot been priced in, however if I remember right the next dividend isn’t for a while so will there be a better entry point before the ex div date…possibly! Interestingly its noticeable how on the Taylor wimpey development where I live the houses listed for sale is climbing, up until around September the houses never made it onto the website.

Suppose part of this comes back to the old timing Vs time in.

1 Like

You’d hope so! But I reckon it’s also important to set a target price so that you know when to sell if it goes up by too much. You could then put your money in another stock or even reinvest it in £TW once it comes back down. Not financial advice though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s insightful, Adam. Thanks for sharing. I reckon it could be an inventory issue, just like retailers in the US. Management did say that they’re planning to tone down on expanding their land bank, so we’ll see what happens. I reckon Berkeley will be most resilient given their geographical advantage and customer base, but we’ll see what happens! All the best to you, sir.

2 Likes

Tbh I’m not planning a sell price yet. My plan is to hold for the dividends for now. Hopefully 10years minimum. Reviewing what other options there are at the times. Best banks paying just under 5% for 5year fixed. So if I can make more than that I’m happy :-).

2 Likes

All the best to you then, Jake!

2 Likes