The Startups 100 2019: the UK’s best and most exciting new businesses revealed

Part of my midnight snack routine includes consuming random articles Google pushes at me :eyes: as I consume leftovers from prior meals… I see Freetrade has been named #76! :muscle:

I hadn’t come across most of the startups on the list before. The only other one I’ve consciously used apart from Freetrade, is Revolut. Has anyone else come across them and do you use their products/services or have other interest in them?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’ve just made some of those up :exploding_head:

The criteria used is… interesting

the 2019 top 100 have been ranked according to three primary criteria: the company’s age, finance raised, and turnover for the last financial year.

Slipped an extra zero onto the user count.

“Freetrade already has nearly 300,000 users and, perhaps unsurprisingly, 80% are categorised as Millennials.”

1 Like

I’m baffled that they’ve put Revolut at #1 on the list but Monzo is nowhere to be seen. It’s not like they’ve stopped fitting the criteria.

5 Likes

Fake news!

Had to add more text to type this.

I buy my toilet paper from The Cheeky Panda :joy:

1 Like

Those darned algorithms!

Is it just me or do all these startup names make me cringe? Freetrade at least makes sense, but then you’ve got all these made up words like Sniffl, Dogr, Tribo, Splanfas… I’m just making these up

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I have an idea for a startup, if you get caught in a public toilet with no paper just tap the Bogr app and a student on a moped will ride up and kick some under the door

3 Likes

I smell unicorn! :unicorn: :poop:

1 Like

Interesting idea, you can lean on VW’s micro-mobility division and this way of dispensing paper. Synergies*. Good luck :wink:

*a elaborate post just so I could use this word :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’s a freemium model. the basic product is this http://viz.co.uk/2014/11/13/badgers-arse-industrial-toilet-paper/

Premium users get Charmin or Andrex :smiley:

3 Likes

Scientists have finally discovered a way to make paper 1 atom thick. The new toilet paper will be rolled out in all public WCs

2 Likes