The Weekend Read is back! šŸ™Œ šŸ—ž

Would love to see a write up looking into the affect the USā€™s trade war is having on the global stock market

2 Likes

I have no suggestions but wanted to go on record and say that I approved immensely of the copious Starcraft references a couple of weeks ago when discussing Sirius minerals :+1:

4 Likes

You are a very good writer. I read you every Sat. Still, I thought I was going to get bored with the Diageo one as I thought, just as everyone else, I knew everything about them. Nervertheless, you still pulled it off and I found the article very enjoyable. You coverage is every time extensive, relevant and refreshing.

7 Likes

Agreed, is always interesting even when I donā€™t think I am going to be interested

2 Likes

Possibly a weekend piece on dividends including DRIP. Also included would be ex-dividend date, record date, payment date, dividend coverage. What happens to a stock upon the dividend being paid out etc. Possibly include scrips in this as an addendum section.

I think it would be very beneficial for new investors as well as a brush up for a few oldies :laughing:

2 Likes

The Weekend Read is on its late summer holidays right now. :beach_umbrella:

Itā€™s been great to see so many of you enjoying our long-form stories so far, and thanks for sharing your feedback above. Weā€™ve reviewed all of them, and youā€™ll see some of the ideas implemented in the upcoming Reads.

Weā€™ll use this break and iterate to make the Weekend Read even better in the future. Tell us (even) more about what youā€™d like to read about next.

• Continued deep-dives into companies?
  • Corporate actions such as mergers, acquisitions, stock splits and the background?
  • The future of investing in the UK, post-Brexit?
  • Or the industries of the future?
  • A wrap-up of markets news?
  • Or, even ā€“ what has Freetrade been up to that week? :open_mouth:

Let us know below!

6 Likes

Literally all of the above! Personally I wouldnā€™t mind having an article on Saturday and another one on Sunday. Perhaps a company deep dive one day and a macro topic the next one?

4 Likes

Do you feel Saturday and Sunday are ideal because thatā€™s when you have the most time to read, or would you read them on any other day as well?

1 Like

Personally I wouldnā€™t mind any day, I actually quite often read the articles a few days later.

I guess the weekend has a bit of a romantic note to it, like a good old weekend newspaper read

3 Likes

1 Like

Spot on Spyros. We are happy with all the above. Great content so far. On Viktorā€™s point I think most would be read daily or the following day. Possibly have it stored on the app? Havenā€™t used it so that mightnā€™t be possible (at this time)

1 Like

I used to enjoy the ā€œthis week at Freetradeā€ articles - appreciate there are commercial sensitivities especially with others now in the market but is it possible to restart these?

3 Likes

Itā€™s something weā€™re looking at. :+1:

The main bottleneck is resources, which is something weā€™re working on. We think it was an interesting series from a content standpoint, and the community got a lot of value out of it.

4 Likes

Prefer weekdays as I try to make weekends about family. Understand that everyone will have a different view and in reality I often read them during the work commute anyway.

Industries of the future would be great, vertical farming thatā€™s been mentioned in the forum would be an interesting topic

Also some insight on the streaming wars i.e. Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Britbox, Disney etc

4 Likes

Feel free to outsource it @Viktor Most of the time Iā€™m reading and crunching numbers anyway. The Streaming Battle could be a topic - Bob Iger of Disney has just left the Apple board after the $4.99 family plan announcement by Apple. Itā€™s on.

3 Likes

Market research and analysis of stocks with good value

1 Like

As long as Toby is writing them itā€™s all good :grin:

Marijuana industry and some news as to when the likes of Aurora will be on freetrade

5 Likes

I think something on content/copyright owners would be interestingā€¦ and not just on films/tv

1 Like