Uber 🤖 🚕 - UBER

Who’s all buying long? :raising_hand_man:t3:

Been watching Uber since the IPO, think I’ll take the plunge now

Abandon the ship, sort of. Travis apparently still sits on Uber’s board.

CNBC:

Uber’s stock has plummeted to below $27 per share as of Thursday’s opening price since the company debuted in May at $42 per share. The company’s market value is now about $45 billion, down from nearly $70 billion at the end of its first trading day.

Kalanick’s recent sales may indicate his interest in other investments such as CloudKitchens, the entrepreneur’s latest venture.

Great business if you’re a user.

1 Like

I saw that, as far as I’m concerned they are a taxi company, and if they are subverting the rules and regulations that other taxi companies have to adhere to they deserve to lose the licence

1 Like

Yikes!

It’s hard to put this into perspective since no other company discloses this. But 3000 per 1.2 billion rides seems quite low to me :thinking:

2 Likes

Ye 99.9% has got to be pretty good. Even with all the news of these sexual assaults it still won’t make as much noise as the serial killer type guy who went around driving in a Uber and collecting fares (I think it was Michigan).

Be interested to see the UK numbers and how many of them were “face-swapped” drivers like was reported last week.

There’s no reason why there should be 1 sexual assault. I want to invest in this company but not at this valuation, maybe I need more bad news to drive it down

1 Like

3000 victiims would not say it was low.

2 Likes

Must admit I was surprised by this

Passengers - as opposed to drivers - accounted for nearly half of those accused of sexual assault.

Maybe passengers need regulating as well

2 Likes

Doesn’t suprise me. Dublin’s lawless on a friday/saturday. Especially now that silly season is upon us

1 Like

Yeah. But we should base judgement on factual statistics. It’s awful for these people and should not have happened, but without putting it into a comparable framework, this number is useless.

2 Likes

This number is not useless at all. It represents 6000 sexual assaults too many.

5 Likes

It is too many, but I guess it needs to be compared with figures for other transport options before we can say if Uber is more or less dangerous

Even if it is ‘less’ dangerous, it’s dangerous enough and the company have a problem. Regardless of how it compares to other transport options.

Disagree with that. Your comment has no meaning. If we say the UK has 30 000 sexual assault a year, does that make it dangerous here?
Nobody knows based on this number. If we see that another country has the same population but 500 000 sexual assaults, we see that the UK isn’t half bad.
Life is dangerous. There is no perfect safety or security. Uber adressing this issue publicly already shows them caring more than most companies.

Based on your comment, is every place in this world dangerous if there is just a shred of violence left? …

1 Like

Uber 2020?

(Bear in mind this is contributor content not Forbes directly)

The article states it was a regional court in Frankfurt but it’s a national ban. Techcrunch need better writers! There was ambiguity in their Amazon/Fedex article during the week also