Unable to download app for Android

I have Android 7.1.1 which should be compatible with the app according to the info on the Google Play Store.

Why can’t I get it?

do you get any sort of error message or indication as to why it failed to download?

If you are in a non-uk app store setting you can’t download it. Is that it?

I can find the app, but it says it is not compatible with my device, despite my device having the latest Android updates etc.

I’m not an android user so am unable to verify this but looking online it seems similar issues with other apps have been solved by clearing the app store cache. might be worth a crack?

@paulo5320 Android is wonderful but can be messy. Making apps for Android is harder than for iOS because there are so many flavours. I don’t know who who makes the Android app for :freetrade: - maybe ping @Ian and he can pass on the message to someone from the Android team (maybe DM him with your device details, etc).

A pinned technical F.A.Q. that constantly gets updated may solve a lot of issues like this one here @Freetrade_Team.

Clearing the app store cache may help, as @manoadamro said.

Maybe this can help:

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings app Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps & notifications .
  3. Tap Download Manager . If you don’t see it, tap See all apps or App info .
  4. Open Google Play services.
  5. Tap Storage and then Clear cache .
  6. Tap Clear storage and then Clear all data and then OK .
  7. Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
  8. Wait for 5 minutes, then try your download again.

(Source - Fix problems downloading apps with basic troubleshooting steps - Google Play Help)

If you see the App in the Play Store, it’s very likely that you can run it on your device.

As an app developer, you don’t need to worry about whether a device is Android compatible, because only devices that are Android compatible include Google Play Store.

Note, though, they some stuff may be not available on your phone - but Freetrade is not a remote mind-controlling VR app, so I doubt it:

If necessary, however, you can restrict your app’s availability to devices through Google Play Store based on the following device characteristics:

(Source - Device compatibility overview  |  Android Developers)