Android - Incompatible with all my devices

Hi

I am looking to install this on Android, but the play store says that its incompatible with all of my devices. I have a Google Pixel (v1) running Android 9 and I am in the UK

Is this a known issue?

(Alex Sherwood) #2

Hi :wave: are you logged into the UK Play Store?

I’m logged into the play store (play.google.com) with my UK account? :slight_smile:

(I dont have any other type of play account)

(Alex Sherwood) #4

Ok, could you please send us a message via the live chat on the website so that we can look into this?

Cheers - posted a message & waiting for someone to pick it up now

I got asked a question about my device (pretty much same as what you asked earlier) but 20 minutes without an update now

(Alex Sherwood) #7

Just to close this off, if you can’t see the option to download the Android app, please check that your device has Play Protect certification. If it doesn’t, unfortunately you won’t be able to download the app at the moment.

Ah you beat me to it @alex.s

For the benefit of anyone else with this - I have an unlocked bootloader, but I’ve not rooted my device.

Due to the fact its unlocked, its not considered certified by play store, so some apps (including freetrade) dont show as compatible it seems.

I’ll lock my bootloader later this evening and try again & let you know how it goes.

Do we need to be at least on Android 7 to use the app? It’s fine on my phone but I tried it on HTC M8 which is still on 6 and it’s not compatible. :speech_balloon:

(Alex Sherwood) #10

Yes you do.