Unilever (ULVR) - Share Chat

I’m certainly keen to catch this dip and increase my holding.

Seeing it as a short term 15% gain is good enough to me when it gets back up to pre covid levels, after a bit of a rollercoaster year.

The divesture won’t harm the overall performance of the group and remaining brands long term IMO. Alot of the longer term ETFs hold quite high percentage s of this and that’s good enough for me.

All my own opinion and DYOR ofcourse.

1 Like

You know that ETFs don’t make the conscious decision to hold Unilever though, right? They hold it because it’s part of an index like the FTSE or the cosumer staple index.

Seb,

Apologies, relative newbie terminology clanger, I meant investment funds pulled together by BG, BNY, Rathbones etc.

:+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

For anyone interested in Unilever, or the consumer staples industry in general, the following post might interest you - Unilever Stock Purchase (LON:ULVR) - A Fast Moving Consumer Goods Giant - MoneyGrower

1 Like

Any reason this has taken a dip today? My thinking is the dividends announced today is less than last years on at q2
I’m wanting to hold a position on this just wonder if it will take a dip some more?

I believe the drop is due to - Expected cost increases hurting margins. I believe they said in the past that the would be able to increase prices to offset this, but they guided recently this may not be achievable.

1 Like

I’m this video I analyse Unilever’s stock using fundamental analysis. Is ULVR stock a buy?

I go through Unilever’s business summary & sales breakdown to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value Unilever stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

Unilever plc is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in London, England. Unilever products include food, condiments, ice cream, wellbeing vitamins, minerals and supplements, tea, coffee, breakfast cereal, cleaning agents, water and air purifiers, pet food, toothpaste, beauty products, and personal care. Unilever is the largest producer of soap in the world and their products are available in around 190 countries.

Unilever’s revenue has been stagnant/decreasing for a number of years now, which is clearly not a good sign. However UL/ULVR is a fairly profitable business with net margins consistently above 10%. Unilever have consistently high Return on Equity (which is fantastic), but the main concern for me is the huge debt load on the Balance Sheet.

As legendary investor & Co-CEO of Markel, Tom Gaynor, says “Leverage introduces a degree of fragility to the business that concerns me”

Please also remember to like and comment, if it gave you some value!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

2 Likes

Any new news thats come out recently for the drop in price?

People don’t like pot noodle

Lewis tanked it

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Too much (debt) for ULVR to handle at the moment imo. They need to focus on organically growing their many strong brands and also stop their political views from impacting performance.

This is hurting. But, been buying singles on the way down.

Anyone have any views on if the drop ? More to go or over done ?

It must have triggered loads of stop losses.

I’ve got 11 Shs on another platform. I’m down 9% and not going to lie, it’s painful.

Not selling though.

What do you consider Unilever’s political views to be and how are they impacting sales?

I assume he means Ben&Jerrys Israel boycott.

Have a read up on the Ben & Jerry’s Boycott and the knock on impact to pension funds etc., if you’re interested that is. It’s certainly hurting the company

I looked it up. Wow what an absolute mess. You could argue that it would compromise B&J brand image to do nothing. They certainly don’t make sales through product quality so the marketing around it must be doing something.
I read that Ben and Jerrys was one of the brands they were considering offloading to help fund the GSK bid so maybe won’t be an issue for investors for much longer if they’re trying to move away from food and into pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. I’ll be holding for the long term anyway

1 Like