Unilever (ULVR) - Share Chat

Happy birthday @Kalz :birthday:

Thank you xx

1 Like

The dividend will come this Monday. :money_mouth_face:

How come Monday?

Seems to be zero logic to dividend payment schedule with FT.

Dividends have to be sent and processed by a few different companies and systems before they arrive. It’s not uncommon for them to arrive in a day or so but the standard operating time to get them out is 5 working days.

Not yet!

Curious about this topic…do you know who is behind processing these payments or how it works in general? Needs to be more reliable.

Freetrade have said they plan to improve the whole dividend experience which included better in app information and hopefully faster payments.

2 Likes

Based on my last interaction with the chat service, standard operating time has moved out to 10 working days now - getting slower rather than quicker.

recieved this morning

Is there anyone else who hasn’t received their dividend for this yet? It was supposed to be paid on Thursday 23 Feb unless I’ve miscalculated that?

Will be paid,dont worry, takes a few business days its not even been 3 days yet.

That’s the ex date. You need to look at the payment date, which is the 21st of March.

1 Like

Ah I’m normally very good with the difference between the two but had totally messed up on this one. That’s it exactly - thank you.

Not really happy about the move.

https://archive.ph/AtgIJ

Why? It looks like at least they are trying to shake things up. Until now things were only getting worse.

Is this just part of the bigger conglomerate move to being less ‘conglomeratey’

They only doing it under the whims of a minority shareholder. That shareholder being Nelson Peltz. Selling parts of the business can only go so far. What comes after that?

I am not sure of that. Terry Smith was also critical of Unilever management, and if you watch the latest Fundsmith annual shareholder meeting on YouTube you can see that Terry was quite happy with the management change and what they were proposing.

2 Likes

I’ll shall give that a watch. Thanks for letting me know. :eyes:

2 Likes