Universe update [Updated]

the whole thread be like:

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Pretty disappointed, several of those stocks were planned buys tomorrow morning. Crazy to not move the decimal point or simply show prices in pennies in the first place in line with everyone else

Yeh they aren’t removing them anymore, perhaps you missed that whilst reading this thread.

3 Likes

I think my comment “pretty disappointed” is mild enough. I had missed that the shares are already restored through as I’m skim reading between meetings so thanks for pointing that out.

2 Likes

I love the fact you thought it would be a a good idea to tease an update is coming for fractionals with a winky face, only for hours later the update to say that they’ve been delayed another few weeks. This is peak freetrade, even after this mess of a thread. :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

While they may seem detached, they’re actually pretty massively linked in terms of engineering and compliance work since they’re both enabled by the same provider.

Duncan went into more detail here, but a lot of the remaining effort is the final pieces for integrating these with our regulatory and compliance functions which is required for any orders of these stocks - fractional or not.

4 Likes

Good decision in the end and glad they are listening to feedback and hopefully some positive changes come from this exchange.

I kind of wish the whole chat forum was embedded natively in the app

5 Likes

@anon810895 right now

takes ball home

3 Likes

Reminder that we are not building a platform for day traders or penny stock enthusiasts. If that’s your thing, I have to say we’re probably not your best choice.

5 Likes

Funny that you single me out despite the whole community unanimously telling you it was a bad call.

15 Likes

This is a good comment. We paused adding new stocks while we migrated to our own brokerage platform and are currently full on concentrating on making way more US stocks and fractional available asap. We’ll then look at rejigging the LSE securities available.

4 Likes

It was a terrible call, the forum rightly expressed their disapproval, Freetrade listened and corrected the issue. All it’s fine now :grin:

Oh wait, the CEO is making fun of a forum member :expressionless:

6 Likes

Not just any, one who got appointed by the FreeTrade team and spent his spare time tirelessly moderating the forum and writing in-depth analysis on companies, which regularly became some of the most traded stocks on the platform.

13 Likes