US Stocks - W-8 BEN form



Well done on the form it looks simple

Kudos on the :alien: emoji :joy:

Update on US stocks
(Alex Sherwood) #2

It wasn’t easy to liven this form up but we had to add our own touch to it :grin:


I love the legal term for foreigners in US law, especially “Alien of extraordinary ability” normal aliens need not apply :wink:

(Stu) #4

Do we all have to fill one of these out before buying US Stock? If so where do we find it?

(Alex Sherwood) #5

Yes you’ll need to complete the form first, it’s on the US stock’s screen & in your profile menu :slight_smile:

(Stu) #6

I must be having a blond day, as I can’t find it :roll_eyes:. Is this in the app?

(Alex Sherwood) #7

Not right now, we haven’t launched US stocks yet! :sweat_smile:

(Stu) #8

So I am being blond! Only I am due to do some test trades for you tomorrow, just trying to get ahead of the game. So not totally blond, just some highlights :see_no_evil:

(Vladislav Kozub) #9

Nice to know that non-Freetrade_Team users will get access to the US stocks as early as tomorrow! Looking forward for a wider access to all customers by the end of the month :wink:

(Matteo) #10

I might be a bit slow but I’m not exactly sure what the 3rd and 4th point mean. Someone could gently explain it?

(Alex Sherwood) #11

You’ll find definitions for some of the terms on the form in the ‘Instructions for form W-8 BEN’ here -

(Matteo) #12

Thanks!!! I will look into it!

(Kenny Grant) #13

Couple of questions -

  • I assume it’s fine if we have a w8ben filled in elsewhere to fill in the form at freetrade too?
  • Could this be enabled now so that we’re ready for tomorrow? :slight_smile:

(Alex Sherwood) #14

Yes that’s fine :slight_smile:

Unfortunately that wasn’t possible but you’ll have plenty of time for testing.

(Kenny Grant) #15

Thanks. Sorry to be impatient!