Using your investment gains to buy the product πŸ›

Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over, but most of us probably have some Christmas presents still to buy. :christmas_tree:

Which got us thinking.

Did anyone invest this year with the specific aim of using any gains to buy the product of the company?

• Maybe your shares in Apple worked out as enough for a pair of AirPods Pro? :musical_note:
  • Or investing in Boohoo to buy socks for the whole family? :socks:

Let us know below! :point_down:

Freetrade does not provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions or seek independent advice. The value of investments can go up as well as down and you may receive back less than your original investment.

3 Likes

I shall be giving myself the gift of an early retirement in about 25 years time :wink:

10 Likes

No as there’s no way to necessarily know you’ll actually have any gains at Christmas (though I do have some dividends coming this month).

However I would have gifted shares/funds or a gift card to buy a share or fund if such a thing was ever made or allowed.

I did gift myself some shares though :smile:

2 Likes

This is how I view Tesla - think my holding is probably about a tyre or two so far…

9 Likes

Anyone investing and expecting gains within a year is setting themselves up for some disappointment. If you are trading then sure but investing?

Unless you are using dividends only :relaxed:
But I would prefer to just reinvest those.

I own shares in Activision Blizzard because every year without fail I will use a combination of the dividends received + capital gains to purchase the new Call of Duty! Classic Peter Lynch style of investing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes