Vanguard S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Acc.) VUAG

It’s not the price that matters, it’s the tracking performance.

VUAG started in May 2019 at a lower price than VUSA was on the same day.

1 Like

Ah I see. That makes sense now. Cheers

Hi

New to free trade… I’m currently investing £100 a month. I’m buying 1 S+P500 etf then individual shares including the usual tech stocks and some more leftfield choices such as green energy etc. My question is should I be buying other ETFs alongside the S+P 500 such as Ftse100 Nasdaq Dow Jones etc to truly diversify or is S+P fine on its own… I’m guessing that a lot of the same companies will come up in the US ETFs anyway… Any advice much appreciated… Thanks

The s&p500 is 100% us focused, if you’re looking for some diversity (some of the tech companies you’re buying might be covered in the s&p500 fund) then you could try adding some of what you’ve mentioned.

It depends on how engaged you want to be, if you want to buy and forget then I’d go for a global tracker like VWRL or EGMW.

If however you wanted to learn more then this thread, while a little in the weeds at times, is as good a thing as I can think of.

Hi

I’m fairly new to investing and have taken particular interest in VUAG.

I understand the difference between both VUSA (dist.) and VUAG (acc.) thanks to the posts above. So thanks for sharing this info.

My only questions are:

1. When does Vanguard automatically reinvest dividends on the VUAG? Is this done quarterly/ annually/ etc? Does anyone have historic dates this was carried out or point me in the right direction in terms of documentation?

2. It was touched on above that “reinvestment will be reflected in the share price (NAV)” and won’t take place in form of additional shares (I guess this makes sense if ETFs don’t currently support partial shares), but how does this work when buying/selling at the going rate?

Best,