This thread is for passive investors / Bogleheads to discuss their portfolios. I couldn’t really find a good thread on this and unlike stock picking I don’t think it makes sense to have a load of separate threads as presumably the discussion will be broadly relevant.
If there is interest I’ll try and update semi-regularly with my positions and thoughts, but I’m keen for others to also share their portfolios, thoughts or questions. Here are few discussion points based on decisions I’ve had to think about.
- Geographic weightings - are you following a global index or tilted towards a particular country?
- Sector weightings - are you following a particular industry sector?
- Asset Classes - how are you split between Equities / Fixed Income / Cash?
- Factor weightings - are you tilted towards a particular factor?
- Passive/Active - what fraction of your portfolio is passive ETFs?
- Timing - are you buying regularly (dollar cost averaging) or waiting for a particular timing?
- ETF choices - thoughts on ETF decisions where these track the same/similar indices
Please be careful to avoid providing investment advice when giving feedback (provide considerations rather than recommending a particular strategy)
General resources on passive investing / indexing: (for anyone wondering what this is all about)
The Active vs Passive Investing Debate - The Plain Bagel on Youtube
Reasons To Avoid Index Funds (ETFs) - Ben Felix on Youtube